"I was terrified." were the first words to leave his mouth.

"I wasn't."

"Don't worry, I was terrified enough for the both of us." he assured.

"Livvie caught me." she reminded, turning her head into his neck like she always did.

"What if he hadn't?"

"Then you would have." she shrugged, simply.

Lily was right. As soon as she had moved into the crouching position, Percy had known exactly what she was going to do. His wand had been drawn out just in case, to cushion her fall.

"For my sake, don't do anything like that again."

"I can't promise anything." she grinned, pulling away with a light chuckle. The field was almost empty. There was no sight of Flint, who had probably been taken to the Hospital Wing to tend to his injuries.

"I know." he shook his head, knowing it surely wasn't going to be the last time she was going to scare him to death. "You're going to scare me to death a lot more times in the future, I'm sure."

Lily was about to answer with a witty response when someone cleared their throat and she turned around, coming face to face with Oliver Wood timidly standing beside their Head of House, Minerva McGonagall.

Lily was sure she was in for an earful, but she didn't let it affect her good mood. What was a measly detention compared to the pleasure of winning against the Slytherin Quidditch team and putting Marcus Flint in the Hospital Wing as an extra bonus?

"Hello Professor McGonagall!" she greeted cheerfully.

To her, and everyone else's surprise, the Transfiguration professor simply nodded with a slight smile threatening to overcome her stern look, "Excellent playing today, Lily." she turned around to head back inside.

_____

The after party was in full swing by nine, and all the Gryffindors who were closely acquainted with the team were there. It was a tradition their team held after every last match of the year regardless of whether they won, a sort of farewell party for all the senior Quidditch players who were about to graduate. There were only about thirty people in the Room of Requirement party.

"Hey... I didn't get a chance to talk to you after the match." Terence said, appearing out of seemingly nowhere.

"Higgs!" Lily exclaimed in surprise as she saw Slytherin team's captain standing by the corner. "Fancy seeing you here. Didn't you see the sign on the door? This is a victory party." she teased.

Terence just laughed. "I'm aware. I just wanted to congratulate you. That stunt you pulled was... in a word, insane."

"You'd be surprised with how often I've heard that. How did you even get in?"

"I have Gryffindor friends." he shrugged. "You really caught Flint by surprise, he's still with Madame Pomfrey. I shouldn't be saying this, but congratulations."

"Thank you!" she blushed slightly. "It was honestly such a rush. I didn't even know what I was doing."

"Where'd you learn that trick? Did you guys practice it?"

"And I shouldn't be telling you this, seeing as you're the opposing team." she pointed at him with her goblet, an amused smirk on her face, "But no, it wasn't practiced. Except the crouch... we were horsing around one day after practice and trying to find different ways to balance."

"And the jump?"

"Unpracticed."

"Bloody brilliant, regardless."