"Backpack with robes to change into on the train?"

"Check."

"Wand?"

"Check."

"Bag of books?"

"Check."

"Couldron?"

"Check."

"Money?"

"All 30 galleons of it."

"Owl?"

"Check."

"Ticket?"

"Check."

"Good." Severus Snape smiled down at Lily. "You'll be fine. Remember, you can't let anyone know you're my daughter." he warned.

"Right. Snape, bad. Smith, good." she nodded. "Didn't realize I was such a disgrace to your name." she muttered.

"That's not the reason and you very well know that." he said firmly, straightening her clothes.

"I know." the girl grumbled unhappily from beside her trolley of luggage. "I'll see you at school Severus." she took the trolley, ready to enter King's Cross Station when-

"Lily?"

"Yes?" she turned around.

"I might not say it often, but I do love you." he looked into her eyes seriously.

Lily looked at him before she let go of the trolley and ran to hug him, her face buried into his black robes. "Bye Sev." she smiled softly, letting go before giving him one last bright smile and guiding her trolley into the station.

Upon entering, she had no idea where platform nine and three quarters was. There were only platforms nine and ten. And she was too shy to ask anyone else where it was. She stood between the two platforms impatiently. The 'Hogwarts Express' was supposed to leave in fifteen minutes.

And then, she saw a trio of boys all with red hair, a shade lighter than hers. And she watched as the youngest of the lot did a run-up with his trolley before disappearing into a pillar. Her eyes rose in wonder. She knew it had to be something related to Hogwarts, or magic at least.

"Excuse me?" she cried, just as another ginger boy prepared to run. He stopped mid-way, almost crashing into the pillar. Passers-by gave him looks and he only muttered an apology before he and a similar looking boy gazed over at her curiously.

"Um, hi!" she smiled, or more like tried to, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you." she apologized.

"It's all right." the older of the two boys shrugged. "Is there something we can help you with?"

"Um, yes, actually. Can you tell me how to... how to do whatever that was?" she asked curiously, pointing at the pillar. "I... I'm new to all of this."

Well, she wasn't exactly new to magic. Severus Snape had made sure he had started her studies five years ago, but she was still new to Hogwarts.

"Where are you parents?" the younger red-head asked.

"Charlie, she's obviously a muggleborn." the older boy sighed, before looking back to Lily. "Are you starting Hogwarts this year?"

Lily nodded, her eyes wide and doe-like.

"Oh, okay. Well then, welcome." he grinned, offering her his hand. "I'm William Weasley, Head Boy. But you can call me Bill. And this is my brother, Charlie Weasley." he gestured to the boy beside him.