Teaching a Rookie

Hi Folks, welcome to the latest chapter of my story, Happy New Year 2021, hope you have good year ahead anyways nothing much to say do check out the one-shot I've written. So, let's get started!

Dawn had just talked to Johana on the videophone after collecting her starter Pokemon from Prof. Rowan. Her mom liked her choice as Piplup can be a great Pokemon for contests. Meanwhile, Ash was registering himself for the Sinnoh League. After a while they left the Pokemon Center and started heading towards Jubilife City.

"Hey Ash Pokemon are meant to be kept in Pokeballs right? Then why are Pikachu and Eevee out of their Pokeball?" Dawn asked innocently.

"Actually, they don't like to stay in their Pokeball." Ash said giggling a bit. "Pika!" and "Vee" both cheered.

"Oh, I see." the bluenette said.

Ash had sent over Pidgeot to Prof. Oak while he was at the Pokemon Center in Sandgem town. He thought it would it be better if Pidgeot too visited his old friends at the ranch along with the new ones.

As they were walking through the trail, they spotted a flock of certain bird Pokemon. "Look Pikachu a flock of Starly, I am gonna catch one." Ash said as he had a habit of catching every regional bird.

"Pikachu use Thunderbolt!" Ash ordered as Pikachu jumped off his shoulder and powered the electric attack towards the flock and it managed to hit one causing the rest to fly away.

"Pokeball go!" Ash said as he threw a Pokeball on Starly and it was captured instantly. "Alright I just caught a Starly!" Ash said in his signature pose along with Pikachu cheering in the background.

"Nice catch Ash, by the way how many Pokemon do you have?" Dawn asked getting curious.

"Hmm, let's see I have caught somewhat around 50 Pokemon, but 30 of them are Tauros." Ash said.

"Wow! But why did you catch so many Tauros?" she questioned.

"Well actually during my first journey through Kanto I happened to visit a certain place known as the Safari Zone and due to some reasons, I caught a whole herd of Tauros!" Ash exclaimed.

"Oh, I see but what exactly is a Safari Zone?" the bluenette questioned.

"Safari Zone is a place where you can catch wild Pokemon but without using your own Pokemon, you can make use of baits and they provide you with 30 special Poke balls known as Safari balls." the raven-haired trainer explained.

"Hmm, it sure sounds an interesting place, I think there must be one in Sinnoh too." she said getting a nod from Ash.

They continued walking after a little chat break. "Hey, Ash look something is moving there in the bushes." Dawn said while pointing towards the bushes.

"Maybe some kind of Pokemon." Ash guessed.

Suddenly a brown colored Pokemon which looked similar to a rabbit hopped out of the bushes. "Bun?" it gave the trainers a confused look.

"It's a Buneary! and it's so cute, I am definitely going to catch it." Dawn exclaimed getting excited.

"You can catch it but I think it's a little busy at the moment." Ash said while pointing towards Buneary who was busy cuddling with Pikachu. "Quite popular ain't ya buddy?" Ash said with a mischievous grin earning a sigh from Pikachu.

"Buneary sure seems to like Pikachu, it gives me another reason to catch it." Dawn said.

"Dawn call out Piplup fast or I don't think it will leave Pikachu soon." Ash said while turning his attention towards Dawn.