Start of a Maiden's Journey

Hi Folks, hope you're doing well welcome to the latest part of my story and hopefully the most awaited one, introduction of Dawn. So, let's get started.

I do not own Pokemon [If I did then Pearlshipping would have been canon already]

Characters and Ages for this chapter

Dawn Berlitz (14 years)

Johanna Berlitz (35 years)

"Honey are you done getting ready?" a woman in her late thirties asked her daughter who was upstairs. "Yes, mom coming just give me a few minutes." she answered while setting her hair.

Her name was Dawn Berlitz daughter of former 'Top Coordinater' Johanna Berlitz. She has long midnight blue hair and sapphire blue eyes. She was wearing a black V-neck tank top with white undershirt and a pink skirt. Along with a white beanie with a pink Pokeball print on it and pink knee-high boots. "I am all set!" she exclaimed to herself.

Today she was going to get her Pokemon license and Prof. Rowan had called her to his lab in Sandgem Town so that she could collect her starter Pokemon and finally began her journey as a Pokemon trainer. Her dream is to become a 'Top Coordinater' just like her mother.

"Dawn are you sure that you taken everything?" Johanna asked as she had completed packing her yellow bag.

"No need to worry mom! I have taken everything that I need." Dawn answered using her favorite catchphrase. Dawn was a very optimistic girl, maybe the most optimistic one you will ever find. She always remains positive, even in times of trouble.

"That's when I worry the most." Johanna said playfully. "Please take care of yourself dear. I know that you are 14 but still make sure that you don't fall in trouble." Johanna added.

"Yes, mom I will take care of myself after all I am going to be the next Top Coordinator of Sinnoh!" the bluenette exclaimed with confidence.

"Work hard honey nothing can stop you. I will always be rooting for you." Johanna said with a hint of pride in her voice as her daughter is going to start her journey and follow her mother's footsteps.

"Thanks mom. I will miss you." Dawn said.

"I will miss you too honey. Don't forget to call me as soon as you collect your first Pokemon from Prof. Rowan and be careful as you cross the Forest trail to reach Sandgem town." the former Top Coordinator explained to her daughter.

"I will mom, bye take care." The bluenette said as she started moving away from her house towards the forest trail connecting Twinleaf Town and Sandgem Town.

"Alright Pikachu and Eevee we are finally in Sinnoh!" Ash exclaimed as he got down from the ship and was standing at the dock. "Pika pi" and "Veee" they replied.

Ash was wearing black jacket with yellow stripes and white sleeves and a white undershirt, blue jeans along with red and black sneakers. He was wearing a red and black hat as usual with a half blue Pokeball design on it and a pair of black and green gloves.

Pikachu was resting on his right shoulder as usual and Eevee was on top of his hat resting on his head comfortably as it didn't like to stay in it's Pokeball just like Pikachu.

"Alright guys we first have to go to Sandgem town and visit Prof. Rowan so that I can update my Pokedex then we can go to the Pokemon Center and register for the Sinnoh League." Ash said. Both them cheered in unison

Ash had asked an old man at docks directions to reach Sandgem Town. The old man explained to Ash the directions and moved as per the directions until he reached a Forest trail.

"Please help!" He heard a scream which came from the bushes nearby. He ran towards the direction of the scream and found a girl of about his age lying on the ground and was been attacked by a bunch of Ariados.

"Pikachu use Thunderbolt and drive them away." Ash quickly ordered. Pikachu did as he instructed causing the Pokemon to back up a little bit. Suddenly a few more Ariados appeared and they were now covered by almost half a dozen of Ariados all angry and ready to attack.

"Oh, no man! I don't think they are gonna leave us soon. Cyndaquil I choose you." Ash said while calling it out of its Pokeball. "Cyndaquil now use Flamethrower to intercept the String shots." Ash ordered.

The Flamethrower collided with the String shots and what happened next completely shocked Ash. Cyndaquil began to glow. "Cyndaquil your evolving!" Ash exclaimed in joy.

Dawn too was shocked. First of all, this person appeared from nowhere to help her and now she was witnessing evolution for the first time.

 She was not able to see his face properly as his back was facing her. From his physical appearance she could say that he was somewhat her age and he had a strong Pikachu on his shoulder which is battling now obviously and an Eevee on top of his head. 

She was seeing him battle for the first time but she could say that he was an experienced trainer.

"Lava!" it exclaimed as it evolved and was charging towards the Ariados and fired a super effective fire attack from its back causing all the wild Pokemon to run away in fear.

"Way to go Quilava, you evolved and learned Eruption!" Ash exclaimed. "Lava" it cried happily. "Take a good rest." Ash said as he called back Quilava in its Pokeball.

"Are you alright?" Ash questioned while providing her a hand to get up. "What is a beautiful girl like you doing in middle of this forest that too without any Pokemon?" Ash added as she got up. Everyone thought that Ash was pretty dense when it came to romance and flirting but that was in the past and now the present is a different thing.

Dawn blushed at his sudden compliment. "Um, Thanks! For saving me from those wild Pokemon. Actually, today is my first day as a Pokemon trainer and I was on my way to Prof. Rowan's lab in Sandgem Town to pick my starter Pokemon." the bluenette explained to the raven-haired trainer.

"Oh, I see actually I too am on my way to visit Prof. Rowan wanna tag along if it's okay?" Ash asked.

"Sure, I would love too!" Dawn exclaimed.

"I am Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town in Kanto. Nice to meet you." Ash introduced himself to the new girl who he saved.

"My name is Dawn Berlitz and I'm from Twinleaf Town." She introduced herself to the raven-haired trainer. "Oh, look that Eevee on you head is so cute! I always wanted an Eevee ever since I wanted to be a Pokemon Coordinater." The bluenette exclaimed while petting Eevee.

"Veee." It cried getting annoyed. "Oh, actually my Eevee just hatched yesterday and it is not used to seeing people." Ash said and Dawn nodded understanding the reason. They both started walking towards Sandgem Town.

That's it for this chapter folks and finally Ash and Dawn have met each other! Hope you guys liked the chapter do share your opinions in the comments section and keep supporting, until then b'bye!