Do You Believe in Magic

Izuku sighed happily, looking over at his exhausted-looking classmates. They put up a pretty solid fight. That Todoroki kid almost gave him decent competition. But when you're faced with someone as skilled as Izuku, 'almost' is quite the compliment.

"You know, you did yourself no favors with that stunt," Aizawa sighed to Izuku.

Izuku shrugged, "Darn,".

Aizawa rubbed his temples. He wasn't ready for another problem child, "Riling up your classmates does nothing but make people hate you, which is illogical in hero work,".

Izuku raised an eyebrow, a smirk playing at his lips, "Didn't you JUST tell us friends are unneeded in the hero course,".

"Get out of my class,".

Aizawa would admit, the kid had some spunk. The real question is how long will Aizawa be able to put up with it.

~~

It was lunch that day and like usual, chaos was following him like a lost puppy.

From the moment he had walked into the cafeteria he was prepared to sit alone, especially with the massive stink eye 1-A had been giving him so far. It's not his fault they're all weak like rodents. But that's not the problem. The problem is there is no free tables insight. So, he was going to have to affiliate with someone less than powerful. Boo.

So instead he scowered the cafeteria in hopes of someone at least slightly interesting coming into his sights. And after nearly ten minutes of searching, he settled on the table where a golden-eyed Gen Ed student sat, glaring aggressively at his dismantled lunch box. Exciting!

"Hello~" Izuku smiled, slowly seating himself next to the boy who glared at him.

"Can I help you?" The boy glared.

"Ah, don't mind me. Just looking for somewhere to snack," Izuku smiled, waving his lunch tray around.

"Leave me alone."

" I'd rather not~" Izuku smiled, leaning in, "Tell me all about yourself. You seem interesting,".

"Go away. I want nothing to do with you or your 'righteous' quirk," He scoffed.

"Uh oh. Making assumptions is bad! I don't even have a quirk," Izuku pouted. This kid was rude and he liked it.

The boy raised an eyebrow, "You're in the heroics course and you expect me to believe a lie like that?".

"But I don't! I have the toe joint to prove it!" Izuku cried, lifting his foot onto the table to show off his oh so quirkless.

"Get your foot off the table. That's disgusting," The boy shrieked, pulling out a wipe to clean the area around him. The poor kid was breaking into hives. How funny.

"But do you believe me now?" Izuku asked, getting dangerously close to the splotchy boy.

The boy eyed him suspiciously. The toe joint was there. And the kid did seem ostracized from his class, a side effect of being quirkless perhaps? "I supposed, but that doesn't explain how you made it into the heroics course,".

Izuku had been waiting for this question.

Now was his time to ~shine~

"Well, Kai Chisaki," Izuku's grin grew manic and he sent a wink at the boy he guessed his name. He pulled out a deck of cards swishing his hand dramatically. Kai watched as the cards disappeared, turning into an array of colorful flowers.

"Do you believe in magic?".