"Um, yeah. I didn't get through with that event and clean-up until around eleven-thirty and then I just couldn't get to sleep." Not a complete lie.

"Couldn't sleep, aye?"

"Nathalie quit it. That's not your business." Thank you, Juliette. The last thing I want to do is have everyone at the table, or the restaurant, know about my alone time with Harry, especially with his mum sat right next to me.

I'm quite used to Nathalie's teasing by now though. Her and I, as well as Leigh-Anne, have become quite close. They're like the sisters I never had. We shop, gossip, eat, and drink together. We even have the occasional sleepover - usually residing in the Styles' Manchester condo so as not to disturb Harry and Edward with schoolgirl-like giggling and crying over old rom coms. And when Gemma has a moment to tag along then it's really a party!

"Morning Rubs," Glancing to the quiet girl sitting beside me, I lean over, drawing her attention from the menu in her hands. She looks tired too, but hides it well, better than I, "sorry I left you here on your own with them. They're a tad much, they are." My purposefully whisper loudly so our guests can hear, drawing a few words of disagreement from some of the women at the table, mainly Nathalie. Ruby simply smiles in response, shaking her head with a laugh.

"We were quite well behaved, right Ruby?" Leigh-Anne chimes, taking a sip of what I can only assume to be a mimosa.

"Right, you worry far too much about me Annabelle. I'm an adult, remember? I can handle myself." She playfully scolds, skidding her glass over to me, clearly hinting that I need to loosen up a bit. I want to jest back about the fear in her eyes during our encounter with Miss Foster, but keep the comment to myself.

It's not that I'm really worried about her, but I know how much the women of Harry's family, mainly Nathalie, can sometimes be. Ruby is a notorious introvert, even more so than I, which is why I wouldn't put it past her for being a bit, intimidated isn't the right word, but you get it. Nathalie is a total extravert, the complete opposite of Ruby. She can sometimes be a bit much.

"Are you excited?"

I was never really the type of girl that fantasized all about her dream wedding. Sure, I'd given it the occasional thought, but I never had ideas thrown together in a notebook or a mood board on Pinterest. That just wasn't me. I'd thought about wedding dresses before, maybe pondered the type that I'd like to wear someday. I have imagined wedding dress shopping too as most women have, but unfortunately, the only thing I saw when I imagined that day was my mum there at my side. She would have a smile as bright as the sun, and her eyes would well with tears, happy ones. How could I be excited about this pivotal moment in my life when the one person I want with me most in the world isn't here with us anymore?

Dreams don't always become a reality and maybe that's why I tend not to dream so much anymore.

"Yeah, I'm excited."

A little lie never hurt anybody.

***

I feel like I'm going to vomit, that's how overwhelming this entire experience is turning out to be. We've been at the boutique for less than forty-five minutes and I am already a breath away from a full-on meltdown or panic attack.

After a light brunch, us women walked to the boutique that Juliette had scheduled an appointment at. She was set on having us go to the best bridal shop Manchester had to offer and there was absolutely no way I could argue otherwise. We were immediately greeted by Jane, the warm and welcoming woman that would be assisting me today, and flutes of bubbly champagne.

Whilst the girls looked around and thumbed through the vast assortment of gowns, Jane, Juliette, and I were having a brief sit-down to get a better idea of what I wanted as a bride. We briefly discussed the venue, theme, colours, and anything else we had a general understanding of at this time. Then came the questions regarding what kind of dress I saw myself in. Juliette and Jane were looking at me expectantly like I had any clue in the world. When I said I didn't know, Juliette all about gasped, immediately questioning whether I had gone through the bridal magazines she'd given me. I knew she meant well, but that woman was only a few moments away from giving me grey hair.