She muttered, “I believe that we do but not now. I need to go home.”

“Please, Tessa.” I hated begging people but I had to beg her. When would be the next time I’ll see her? It’s not like I can just walk into her house. Her dad would probably pull out a gun.

“No, Reid. That kiss that happened was a mistake. Everything was a mistake_”

I nodded, “I know. I know! But I can’t make myself believe that. Do you really have no feelings for me?”

“Yes.” She said too quickly. I didn’t believe her. My hands tightened around the wheel. I wanted to pull over and shake her and force her to tell the truth. I couldn’t force anyone to love me.

The car grew quiet and I sighed.

“Is Cassie’s baby really yours?” Tessa whispered. How could she ask that? Of course it was about the baby. She won’t confess to me because of the baby. Because of Cassie. I understand I made a mistake but I can’t change the past. It was mine. I wanted to rise it as if it was Tessa’s baby. Too bad I’m in love with Tessa instead of Cassie.

“It’s mine.”

“How do you know? Did you see the test?”

“She wouldn’t lie about something like this, Tessa. She doesn’t hate you enough to sink this low.”

“How do you know?” She snarled. I didn’t reply, “Exactly! You don’t know. It could be anyone’s.”

“Yeah and it could be mine. Most likely it is. Face it, Tessa. Not everything is always about you.” Shit. Why did I say that? As much as I wanted to leave Cassie, I couldn’t abandon my child.

“About me? I wasn’t the one who slept around!”

I snapped, “Okay, I slept around before I was with you. Get over it. I apologized a thousand times and you still resent me. What am I supposed to do?”

“I want her to have the baby,” She muttered.

“But didn’t you_”

“But I don’t want it to be yours. I don’t believe in abortion unless it was a rap victim. Obviously, she wasn’t since she spreads her legs out for the whole world to use.”

“And we’re not getting anywhere with this,” I replied.

“That because we’re not supposed to. It’s over between us. The Unification is a week away and you’re going to marry Cassie. End of story.” She retorted.

“Is it bad that I don’t want us to end like this?”

“No but it has to.”

I parked the car in front of her house and before I could say goodbye, she bolted out of the car. I slammed my fist onto the dashboard and frowned. Hitting things wouldn’t bring her back. But God, I wish it would.

***

I stomped into my apartment complex. Dad thought I was old enough to live on my own when I was sixteen so he rented me a condo here. I hurried up the steps and opened my apartment door.

“Finally, you arrive.” I heard my father’s voice. Fuck. I didn’t need to deal with him right now.

“You could have called me,”

“Or you could have stopped bothering that irritating Lupan girl.” He growled. I walked into my living room and saw him lying on my couch. His blood red tie was loose and his suit jacket was unbutton. He had a glass of wine in his hand. He had a scowl on his face.