💬 Left on Read 💬

Ship: Zoey x Drew (sorta)
Type: angst

Drew's POV

It was New Year's Eve and I decided to text Zoey wishing her a happy new year. When I pressed on WhatsApp, I realised that she was already online. Perfect!

I clicked on her profile and texted her, but she didn't reply, weird. I decided to go on YouTube to get lost in the endless ASMRs.

Once I got bored of those, I checked to see if Zoey had replied to my message, which she hadn't. I decided to text Jake wishing him a happy new year, too. He was also online. He replied almost instantly, and we got into a long conversation about his date with Lia.

We were texting for about an hour before I decided to check back up on Zoey. She still hadn't replied, but she had seen it. She left it on read. I was quite let down and I had to abruptly end my conversation with Jake.

I asked her what was wrong and why she didn't reply to me. She left that on read too. I decided not to bother trying to talk to her anymore. I love her, but I hate when she does stuff like this, it makes me feel like I'm not enough as a boyfriend.

"DREW!" I heard my mother shout from the living room, "CELEBRATE WITH US!" She continued. I quietly laughed and went down stairs to join them.

Zoey may not care, but my family does, and I'd rather spend all my money on them then on her.

That gold digger.

263 words! I wanted to get something out for New Years. Sorry if it was short ;W;