AFTER HOURS

Word Count: 16,853
Theme: Gimme That, Chris Brown
*

"You ready to go on, hun?" Elaina asked, entering the back room and immediately slipping into her embroidered robe to keep warm while she got ready. In the meantime, you were by the mirror fixing your hair and makeup a little before your turn.

"Yeah, I guess so," you nodded, standing up to adjust the uncomfortable school-girl outfit you were wearing.

"Easy crowd tonight, just some oldies," she told you, filling you with relief.

You'd had a crappy day at college, a crappier afternoon at home, where you found your boyfriend was out and now, you just wanted to get your shift over and done with so you could retire for the night.

"Good, three A.M can't come soon enough," you complained lowly, knowing Elaina was already out of earshot while you carefully climbed the stairs to the stage in your ridiculously high heels.

After stepping onto the other side of the curtain, there was a series of hoots and hollers from clients below you, but just like Elaina had claimed, the crowd was mostly made up of older men. Some leering at you as you strutted down the elongated stage to reach the pole; all in time with the music playing above.

Fifteen minutes was nothing, you'd get this done and dip backstage for a break before idly entertaining the men on the club floor. You weren't that bothered about slacking a little today, you weren't even supposed to be here after all.

Lin owed you for this.

As you grabbed the cold metal pole stretching from floor to ceiling, you retracted your thoughts from anything else and listened to the music. Dancing had always been one of your passions and over the years moving fluidly came naturally to you, even when you were in front of an audience.

Of course, you hadn't expected to be a stripper when you grew up but the world worked in funny ways, and when student debt was starting to pile up people got desperate.

It was halfway through your set, when you had money piling at your feet and in the waistband of the insanely short tartan skirt, that you noticed a group of men filing in. Maybe seven.

You kept dancing but with their rowdy behavior, your eyes continued falling to them at the back of the room until one looked over. The short blonde with the big lips then turned to his friend, a taller brunette, and whispered something while looking directly at you.

They shared a cunning grin and then in seconds, they both had their arms wrapped tightly around another friends' shoulders as they marched him determinedly in your direction.

You'd seen enough newcomers to know that the boy in the middle, with the black hair tied into a small bun and tattoos on his right hand, had probably never been to a strip club before. This must have been his friends' idea of a possible birthday or post-breakup surprise.

You kept your eyes away as the man was sat down with a friend on either side of him on a sofa a few feet back, unfortunately for his friends, the front row was all taken up. You weren't looking but from the corner of your eye, you saw one of them pass him a wad of money before making off to find their group again.

Now that he was alone you allowed yourself one glance, that was it.

The man, despite his youthful appearance, looked big. His black t-shirt stretched over his chest and arms nicely and he sat comfortably with his legs far apart.

He looked a little flustered in the face but his body didn't give that away at all. You just carried on dancing, acutely aware of the new eyes on you. Thankfully, a few minutes later your set was done and the lights around the stage dimmed while you collected your earnings and headed back inside.