Winter Break: Ch.14

Start from the beginning

She got off the train and stayed till it went out of view. "Can we go now, you dragged us out here without a coat"Draco snapped, feeling slightly jealous of her and Harry's friendship. "No one told you to follow me"She rolled her eyes. They went back to Hogwarts quickly, nearly freezing to death. "Where were you guys?"Theo asked once they entered the common room. "I went down to say goodbye to my friends, they just came with me" Hermione explained as she sat infront of the fire. "Without Coats?"He questioned and the other 4 that were standing shrugged. "She let us freeze for like 5 minutes"Pansy said as she sat on the couch, curling up into a ball. "No one told you to follow me"Hermione repeated.

A few minutes passed before Blaise spoke. "So the winter ball, when is it again?"He questioned. "Christmas Eve"Hermione said. "What time?" Astoria asked. "We didn't decide yet, did we?"She noted, turning to Draco, who was sitting on the couch behind her. "We have to check with McGonagall before doing anything"He told them. "So in the great hall right? Same as the Yule ball?"Theo asked and they nodded. "That's what Flitwick said"Hermione added. "Oh god!"Astoria said suddenly. "I forgot the homework that was due yesterday, you have to help me"She snapped grabbing Hermione's arm before her and Pansy ran out, Dragging her behind them. They dragged her at least 70 feet away from the dungeons before stopping. "What homework?"She questioned. "The fake one I just created"Astoria smirked. "We just want to know who you'd pick"Pansy said, smirking along. "Who I'd pick?"Hermione repeated. The two rolled their eyes. "Draco, Blaise or Theo! Obviously they're gonna ask you to the ball!"Astoria snapped. "I'm not picking anyone"She said, surprised of the sudden burst. "You haven't noticed shit have you"Pansy snarled. "Draco; Has done everything to spend huge amount of time with you without it looking intentional, Blaise; never leaving you alone, always has to be by your side, getting jealous whenever you talk to another boy, Theo; Makes sure you pay attention to him for at least a full hour, also gets pissed off whenever another boy gets near you. Come on 'Brightest witch of our age', use your brain"Pansy listed off, ending it with an eye roll. "They're so close to fighting over you, I ran in on it once! They were getting ready for quidditch practice and they were fighting about you. 'No way she'll pick you over me, She actually likes talking to me', 'never in my life would I imagine you'd fall for used to be Granger! Don't bother trying anything, you have no chance' and more! They're in love with you and you know it"Astoria explained. Hermione sighed. "I'm not interested in anyone, if they ask, I'll turn them all down, I don't have enough time for someone who needs attention all the time. Especially one of them, look away for 5 minutes and they get annoyed"She said. Pansy and Astoria glanced at each other. "Don't get mad or anything but we're betting on your love life"Pansy said. Hermione raised an eyebrow. "I say Theo, Astoria says Draco and Nierra says Blaise. Yes we know Nierra doesn't seem like the person to do that but still. You better chose wisely"Pansy told her before walking away with Astoria. Hermione rolled her eyes, before sensing that someone was watching her. Turning around she saw Blaise, Theo and Draco at the end of the corridor. "Fuck"She muttered under her breath.

"That conversation before quidditch practice never happened"Theo spoke first. "You're in denial" Hermione said. "In denial?"Blaise repeated, raising an eyebrow. "they're not lying, I've heard your conversations many times"She shrugged. "So you admit to eavesdropping?" Draco questioned. "It's not my fault you guys talk loud"She said. "You Could've just walked away Mya"He told her, walking toward her slowly. "If you heard someone talking behind your back- good or bad, I know you wouldn't walk away"She crossed her arms. "Depends who the person is"He said, stopping infront of her.

Blaise and Theo exchanged looks, not liking how close the two were. Blaise opened his mouth to speak but Hermione spoke. "Still doesn't change the fact that you would eavesdrop"She rolled her eyes. Draco smirked slightly, tapping his wand on his leg. "Blaise, Theo, come on, we have to go to the library"Pansy's voice was heard down the corridor. The two exchanged another look before leaving. "Pansy's not in the library" Hermione muttered, turning to look behind her. Draco raised his hand slowly to her face, using his pointer finger to turn her face back to him. "That's the glory of magic Granger" He told her. "And what exactly do you think you're going to do? By getting rid of them?"She questioned, taking a step back, pushing his hand away. "We're just gonna have a little talk"He told her, raising his wand and shooting spells down the corridor, making sure no one can come or leave the corridor. "Obviously Theo and Blaise are in love with you, and no doubt they're getting jealous of the friendship we've formed"He said, taking a step forward as she stepped back.

While she glanced around the corridor, he quickly wrapped his arms around her, pulling her against him; his hands on her lower back preventing her from moving away. "So I just want to add a few things"He muttered, his gaze switching between her eyes and her lips. "None of them will want you more then I do, none of them will treat you better then I do and none of them will get you to feel the same way as I do. None of them would go as far as to holding your hand and yet here I am, having you against me. So again I shall say, None of them have enough courage as I do"He spoke lightly, pulling her as close as she would allow him, having her hands on his chest so he wouldn't lean in. "What's the point of saying this?"She questioned. "Just if any of them ask you to the ball, I want you to think about everything I said"He told her. She was beyond confused. "Be more straight forward"She snapped. "I don't want to see you with Blaise or Theo"He stated. "It's my decision, not yours"She said, pushing him as hard as she can and managing to get his hands off her. "Why waste your time? You're going to know they're not good for you"He told her, putting his hands in his pocket. "I'm not taking your judgement on it Malfoy, I can date who I want whether you like it or not. You can't expect me to listen to you"She snapped. "Waste your time, in the end, you're gonna be with me"He told her, slowly walking past her. Once he disappeared, she put her head in her hands. 'What the fuck' She thought bitterly before running out of the corridor, all the way back to her dorm.