Chapter 7: Marauder Mischief

Start from the beginning

" Ok. How do you know so much about these things, Harry? I mean, if you've only been at Hogwarts for a little over a month, you won't have had time to learn these things."

" Trust me, Sev, there are secrets I really want to share with you, but I can't. It could be dangerous."

" Are you some sort of secret agent? An assassin of sorts?"

" In a manner of speaking. I don't have to teach you what I am, but I want to because you're my friend. In return, all I want is that you don't pry when I say I can't tell you things."

" I know, Harry. I just wish you could trust me, that's all."

" I do trust you, but a lot of the time these things are bigger than you and me. Too many lives are at stake, and I have no right to risk them."

" I understand. So, where will this meeting be?"

" In a place that no-one can eavesdrop on us," Harry said, before placing his hand on the nearest wall and creating a door. Sev watched in wonder as he was ushered through it, and they took their places in the armchairs on the far side. Sev looked around in amazement at the collection of rare books until the other three turned up. Once everyone was seated, Harry pulled out his plans and set them on a large table.

" Thank you all for coming. Now, as I've mentioned, the Marauders have declared war on us, and we have until Hallow'een to prove we are the better pranksters. I have chosen you all because we represent all four Houses, giving us a wider range of ideas and capabilities. This will be the Marauders' downfall. They are all rash and impulsive, if stupidly brave, Gryffindors. In our team, we have Ron, a Gryffindor who can provide good ideas and inside information on the Marauders' tactics. He can also bring us some of the Gryffindor impulsiveness. We have Gallatea, a Ravenclaw through and through, who is a good tactician and has the brains and knowledge to come up with foolproof pranks. We have Sev, the Slytherin, who will provide cunning and sneakiness. And lastly, we have Peeves, a Hufflepuff with nearly a thousand years of experience at pranking people. We have an unbeatable team, and never forget that. Now, let's get to work."

The morning of the 16th October dawned and the Hogwarts students headed down to breakfast without a care in the world. As Harry and Ron headed for their tables, they performed several powerful wandless counter charms, getting rid of any enchantments they may fall pray to. They could tell their spells were eliminating something the Marauders had set up, but they weren't sure what. The night before they had agreed to start on a high, so they had planned their greatest prank for that morning. When the Marauders and Lily entered the room, they looked at the other three in confusion, obviously wondering why their prank hadn't worked. As soon as they took swigs of their pumpkin juice, their eyes bulged when they realised it had been spiked. Within seconds, they were standing up at the table, and music started to waft through the doors of the Great Hall, catching the attention of the teachers and students. Harry's team members all glanced up at the headmaster, and were pleased to see a look of anticipation in his eyes. He had obviously figured out that a prank was coming, and was looking forward to what was about to happen.

Over at the Gryffindor table, the five with the spiked drinks were staring around the room in horror, before their clothes suddenly changed into very revealing dresses, and they started to dance the cancan. The four boys were beat red as they performed a dance number worthy of the Moulin Rouge, before bounding up to the teachers' table and pulling them up to dance with them. They were mortified by the suggestive moves they were pulling on their bemused professors, although Dumbledore seemed to be enjoying himself, dancing enthusiastically with Lily. Professors McGonagall and Flitwick were protesting loudly, and Trelawney was telling Sewell that she had seen it coming all along. By the time the dance came to an end the whole school was laughing loudly at the five embarrassed students, and Ginny was squealing in delight over the number of pictures she had been taking. Harry had told her the night before about the prank war, and she had promised to document the whole thing to make a new album.

Amulet of Time 3: The Wolf and The PelicanOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara