Part Three- Thank you

Byakuya's POV

~Good morning, everyone! It is now 7 am and nighttime is officially over! Time to rise and shine!
Get ready to greet another beee-yutiful day!~

I groggily open my eyes. "Ughh..." I mumble, still feeling tired from last night. I quickly sit up, and get ready to meet the others for breakfast. Lately, I've been skipping out on the foolish meetings, but I know I have to be there today. Me and Kyoko have to explain to the others what happened.

I have also been thinking about something else. We have to figure out who did this. I ran through the situation in my head, but I can't seem to figure out who did it. I crossed some people off, but other than that, I have no clue. Unknowingly, while I was thinking about it I folded my hands into fists. What's going on with me? Normally I can hide my emotions really well but lately I've been off. I'll just have to make sure to keep in check from now on.

I make sure that I look good, knowing that all of the other commoners would look a lot worse than me in their dumb little clothes. I smirk at that for a second, before leaving my dorm room.

I want to go check on Makoto before I meet with the other plebeians, knowing that all of my thoughts this morning were purposely trying to get me to not think too deeply about last nights situation. I decide to check if anyone is in the dining hall first. No one is there yet, so I see this as my opportunity to check on him.

I walk into the nurses office. My eyes instantly dart to the figure laying down on the only occupied bed in the room. I see that he is awake and quickly walk over to him.

"Makoto"

"Huh?!?" Makoto jumps in his bed, startled. "Oh it's just you..." he mumbles, looking relived.

"Who else would it be?" I say pointedly at him.

"Oh umm..." He says nervously. "I don't know?"

"Anyway, Makoto are you feeling better?"

"Yes." He says, though he was just stabbed so I really doubt he was telling the truth.

"Good. I don't have too much time. Me and Kyoko are going to go tell everyone what happened now." I say "Who did this to you?" I ask, wanting to get to the point.

"Oh umm," He starts to get nervous "I didn't see...they covered their face. And my memory is quite fuzzy, so I don't really remember their characteristics either..." He says looking straight at my face. It seems he's trying to see my reaction. "It's just umm, when I realized what was happening I kind of blacked out for a moment. When I realized I should've paid more attention they were walking away, and I was crying so I couldn't see too well."

"Alright" is all I say back to him.

"W-what-? You aren't mad?" He asks, looking  surprised up at me.

"Why would I get mad at you because someone else was covering their face? Seriously Makoto? Did you really hit your head that hard or did I just never realize you were this dumb?" I say back, tired of his stupid commoner thoughts.

"We-well I guess when you say it like that it does sound stupid. Sorry..." Makoto says with a light blush on his face from embarrassment.

I was just about to tell Makoto I was going to leave, when he says something before me. "I know you have to leave soon to get to breakfast on time but...I just want to thank you before you go..."

Now I'm confused. I just totally insulted this guy, and he's thanking me? I can't help but to ask him, "Why?"

"Umm...Well, you saved me. I was gonna die, and even though I was an easy target for you to get out of here, you helped me. Not everyone here would do the same, even if I don't want to admit that. So, I'm really thankful. And if you need anything, I am always here to help. I was really lucky that it was you who came out of your dorm room last night. I can't thank you enough. I just wanted to umm...tell you that." He finishes his very nervous and awkward 'thank you' with a big deep breath, and even bigger blush on his face.

What...was that?

Not knowing how to respond, and feeling like an insult wouldn't be very appropriate, I just say a very quiet, "Of course Makoto." back to him.

Makoto's demeanor was different from normal, but I guess that's just because of the topic at hand. I stand there for a minute longer, both of us in silence.

"I have to go." I finally state.

"Oh, uhh yeah. Just can you make sure if anyone comes in, it's not everyone at once?" He says "Just tell everyone that...okay? Bye Byakuya." He gives me a little wave and I exit the room.

Soon, I enter the dining hall after getting all of my thoughts straightened out. Ugh. I really wish I didn't have to meet with all of these plebeians.

When I first arrive to the dining hall, Kyotaka and Sakura are already in the room. I look away from them, glad the commoners didn't try and engage in conversation. Kyoko walks in next. We give each other a look, as to remind ourselves what we have to tell the others. After a moment she wipes the look off her face and gives me that same smirk from yesterday.

What is it with that? I decided to ignore her, and look away. I wait too much time until everyone finally enters. Then, the last person arrives, that being Hifumi. 'Of course' I scoff to myself.

Kyoko addresses everyone loudly, to be sure no one's ignoring her. I sigh. Now we'll have to explain our situation, then we need to find out who did all this. And knowing these commoners, this is going to be the most annoying thing to happen so far.