What happened with Rukia and Ichigo

*A year ago*

"Hey, Rukia wait up!" Ichigo yells behind Rukia as they flash step across the white sands of Hueco Mundo. Rukia looks back at Ichigo coldly and then looked forward again.

A anger pulse popped onto Ichigo's head. "Where the hell are you going, midget!" He yelled.

This stopped Rukia. Ichigo quickly stopped, so that he wouldn't collide with her.

Her bangs covered her eyes, saying nothing and standing there looking down at her brown sandals and white socks. Ichigo walked in front of her and looked confused at her.

"Do you remember the promise I made in the Forest of Menos?" she asked.

Ichigo looked confused. "What Forest of Menos?"

Rukia's anger pulse popped up. "Your brain must be the size of a grain of rice."

"Just get to the point already!" Ichigo yelled and pointed his finger at her.

"You must be pretty stupid, Ichigo."

Ichigo and Rukia look over to find Renji in his bankai form.

"Just shut up, Renji!" Ichigo yelled.

"So what, carrot head!" Renji yelled back, putting up a fist ready to punch Ichigo's face.

"Oh, look at that I got the monkey mad that he's trying to threaten me!" Ichigo joked.

An anger pulse popped up on Renji. "That's it!"

Ichigo and Renji started kicking and punching at each other that smoke covered half of their fight. Making names at each other and saying who is weak. Rukia watching this all happen, flashed step away from them.

Ichigo had his hand on Renji's face and Renji had Ichigo's soul reaper kimono's collar in his fist when Rukia left.

Renji pushed Ichigo back and flashed step behind her. "Wait up, Rukia!"

Ichigo got himself up and wiped off the sand. "Man, what is wrong with Rukia? Even Renji knows what she's talking about."

He puts his hands on his waist. I wonder what Rukia was talking about that promise she made and why does Renji get to know? Then Ichigo got pissed that he didn't know and Renji did. "Wait, why am I left out of this?!"

Ichigo flash step the foot path that Renji and Rukia left behind.

When Ichigo reached where Rukia was. He saw Toushiro, Rangiku, and Byakuya talking to Rukia and Renji.

"Hey Rangiku and Toushiro, what are you guys doing here?" asked Ichigo.

"That's Captain Hitsugaya, Kurosaki." Toushiro said as he folds his arms.

"Anyways, Rukia wants to go back to the Forest of Menos to save Ashido!" Rangiku smiles.

"Is it that guy with a bunch of hollow masks on himself?" Ichigo asked.

"Yes, so stop asking questions." said Renji.

"I wasn't talking to you!" yelled Ichigo.

"Would you two just stop it already?!" yelled Rukia.

Everyone looked at her. Rukia cleared her throat and looked up at her brother. "I want to save a comrade of ours and bring him back to the Soul Society. Would that be all right?"

Byakuya closed his eyes and walks away. "Do what ever you want."

Rukia bows a little. "Thank you, brother."

When Byakuya left, Toushiro sighed. "Anyways, Rangiku will help you find this guy, Ashido. Meanwhile I'll go back to the Soul Society to finish some paper work."

Toshiro flash steps away. As he left, Rangiku smiles. "Let's go Rukia."

Rukia nodded. "I know where the hole that we fell in is."

"Wait, I'm going with you." Ichigo said with a serous face.

"No, you have to go back to your family." Rukia glared at him.

"I'm not going to leave yet, until I help you out." Ichigo puts his hands onto her shoulder. "I thought you were dead once. I'm not going to lose you again."

Rukia stared into Ichigo's brown eyes. "Fine." She looked away.

"Rangiku, you can go back now. I only need Renji and Ichigo to go with me."

Rangiku looked at her with a blank look and then laughed. "All right then. Guess I'll help out Captain with his paper work."

Rangiku flash steps away and turns around to see Rukia, Ichigo, and Renji jump into a black hole in the white sand.

Rangiku smiles. "Don't worry Ichigo, I'll tell your sister about what has happened."

_______________________________________________________________________________

Rukia slowly lands onto the grass ground. She looks up to see tall big trees reaching up to the white sand. "It's been a long time, Rukia."

She turns around to find Ashido badly injured and leaning against a tree. Rukia ran over to him and touched his cheek that had a cut on it. "You're hurt." She said.

Ashido grins. "Don't worry. It doesn't hurt."

Renji and Ichigo jumped down last to see Rukia helping Ashido up.

"Hey, it's you guys." Ashido said putting his arm on Rukia's shoulder for support.

"Need some help?" Renji asked.

"No, I can do it." Rukia pushes Renji's hand away.

Why doesn't Rukia want me and Renji to help her? Thought Ichigo. Watching Rukia smiling at Ashido made pang of pain in his heart. He put his hand on his chest where his heart is. What's wrong with me?