Chapter 12: The Sudden Appearance of Brent

Brent was an ex- boyfriend of Cyraine. He was so quick -witted guy. He was able to manage the company run by his dad for almost two decades. He worked a lot from that company. Actually, he enjoyed a lot of benefits given by him.

Having a very handsome face plus an incredible body figure were his assets that would let his clients signed the deals. He had costumers who came across the Asia- Pacific region and it was somehow quite impressive on his part, in that particular age to obtain the highest form of success.

Due to stress, drinking alcohol was his only way to escape the problems that their company faced.

Yes, that is true that he had Cyraine, his girlfriend. But it does not mean that he was pretty happy for her.

At first, while getting to know each other , he was so obsessed with her. When he found out that he was a conservative type of woman , he slowly fading his love to her. He was unsure of that decision that time but he wanted her to erase in his mind.

His clients started to tackle about their intimate relationship and it was pretty obvious that it was the talk of the town, even in the company that he managed.

He did not want to hurt somebody's feelings. He did not want to explain to somebody that he was happy with her. He just wanted to separate his love life from his career. He remained to be tactful even if it was against his will, for the sake of the company reputation.

As the went on, the demands of the company grew. The board of directors challenged him to go with their standards.

If he failed to do so, he would eventually be demoted or assigned to any branch of the company.

The first challenge that the directors wanted him to do was not that tough. He was able to handle it with the help of his managerial team.

The sales successive growth was then very evident from March to August. The company was extremely glad for the job well done, for the creative initiative that he made.

In the second challenge, the board of directors had made another demand. He wanted to give up and broke the deal.

Feeling so frightened, unable to speak up his disappointments in his job, he decided to go somewhere else , driving with his own car and went hurriedly in the resto.

One night, in a resto bar, he ordered a bottle of beer. As you can see him, he was very problematic. No words could ever describe in his face but regrets.

He was on the point of regrets when he failed to do reach the maximum target of their company sales. Even if he would put his share in the company, that would not be enough. The profit that the company gained soon to drop in a matter of six months.

On the left corner, Akiro and Cyraine enjoyed the taste of vodka. They were happily laughing  on the different experiences that they have had.

Cyraine outsmarted Akiro for being so dauntless to face the rats on the ranch. She knew that Akiro was afraid of the rats. He was terrified when he saw the rat's whiskers.

When he was young , his old grandparents told him that those who were  considered bad guys in their place was immediately cursed and turned into rats. The witch did not like their noise everytime she heard them shouting unpleasantly in the middle of the dark. She was irritated by the noise created by the drunkards. They drank and drank until they reached to the point that they did not recognize the person whom they were talking to, they did not understand the topics that they had uttered. It felt like demonic elements forced them to do so.

Cyraine just laughed but she was a little bit scared. What if that incident happened in a real life situation? That might scare her for a moment.

Akiro held her hand while she was drinking the vodka served by the waiter.

He was just concerned about Cyraine.  As a matter of fact, he did not even see Cyraine drinking hard liquor. He thought that it was the first time that Cyraine was driven so wild by the influence of alcohol.

She kept on laughing like a woman crazily in love and lost her own child.

She wanted to drink more but Akiro stopped her.

Suddenly, there was a guy who beautifully dressed in a coat who sat beside them.

Suprisibgly, he kissed Cyraine's lips and Akiro was very shocked on what he had seen.

He punched the guy with all of his might. On the other hand,  the said guy punched Akiro on the left side.

In a very unexpected situation, they were fighting with each other. Simultaneous punches were thrown into their faces. With an approximate right hook and left hook, one would tell that they were truly professional. Their talents in boxing was indeed exceptional.

Cyraine did not see them because he almost vomitted the vodka that she had drink. She was having a headache. Surely, she put herself in a big trouble.

She screamed out loud and walked hurriedly outside the bar.

Akiro paid their order. He also paid the damage that he had caused inside the bar. He apologized the waiter as well as their  bar manager.

Brent chased Cyraine. When he was about one meter distance from her, he grabbed her hands and hugged her. Cyraine hugged him, too. They cried a lot like a lover who broke up against the will of time. The said guy introduced himself . He said he is Brent Zamora, the last guy who broke your heart.

Cyraine could not believe on what she saw.

Is this for real? Or Am I just drawing my wild imagination?

Cyraine hugged him so tightly with a sad tears on her eyes. She could not explain so well about her feelings towards the guy who was deeply in love with her and suddenly refused to love her back.

Akiro went outside and saw them hugging with each other. He was really jealous on what he had seen. So, he got his car and drove as fast as could.

Akiro got accident because he bumped into the restricted road. That night the sky was so dark. Their place had experienced power outage. In an unexpected twist, Akiro got accident . He bumped into restricted area. His car crashed and he was inside that car. He was seen by the lady and reported immediately to the police station about the said incident. The police called the hospital to rescue the  said victim.