[🍬] Twenty-eight

Start from the beginning

"You look dashing, Bun," Jimin projects softly.

Jeongguk swipes his tongue over his lips. He looks down at his clothes, fingers fiddling with the hem of his hoodie. "Oh this, I... I didn't really try," he replies.

A very small squeak fills the car. Jeongguk peers to his right and Jimin's cheeks are pink. The brunette breaks into an enamored smile. His laugh will never not be the most precious sound on earth.

Eventually they begin the drive and Jeongguk gives Jimin music control because the boy has no idea where they're going or what exactly Jeongguk has planned. However they reach a familiar path and Jimin perks up, turning the music off as soon as he notices.

The car rolls to a stop and Jeongguk puts it in park. It's the same place they went to that one night after they skipped school. By the river, in silence and draped by solace.

"What are we doing here, Ggukie?" Jimin questions softly.

"I'll show you." Jeongguk climbs out of the car and Jimin follows behind him. He reaches into the back, pulling out a picnic basket and a large, fluffy blanket. He finds a spot close to the car and where their vision of the stars won't be obstructed. As soon as he locates a perfect area, he places the blanket down as well as the picnic basket.

"You can sit first," Jeongguk insists and the way his two front teeth come out to press against his bottom lip nearly has Jimin melting on the spot. He takes a seat on the blanket and Jeongguk sits beside him.

The soft susurration of leaves blowing amidst the faint breeze is the perfect white noise. In the distance, the water moves in cohesion against the rocks, tremulous however without bother. The stars are glimmering in expanse over the night sky. And yet Jeongguk finds himself trained on one thing only.

Jimin's blond hair writhes just before his eyes. He moves the wispy strands behind his ears. His eyes wane in admiration and as they do so, they resemble the moon hanging in the sky. His smile is very soft, barely lifted at the edges and yet somehow, Jeongguk can tell that he's happy. There is a light layer of makeup on his face, a peach-like shade left to map out his charming monolids. His jumper matches and his skirt is white as well as his sneakers. He just looks to be the epitome of soft and Jeongguk wants nothing more than to have him in his hands.

"Something on your mind?" Jeongguk is pulled from his state of admiration. He blinks at Jimin.

"No, um... it's just that... we came here to look at the stars, but in fact I just can't seem to stop staring at you instead," Jeongguk replies while he reaches into the picnic basket.

Jimin watches the action closely. Jeongguk pulls out a sliced strawberry and places it on his tongue. The visible shade of his blush is discernible through the darkening sky and he giggles quietly.

Jeongguk's eyes grow. "What?" he questions with the fruit pressing against the inside of his cheek.

"The stars are much prettier than I am, Bun." Jimin lays down on his back, staring up at the sky.

Jeongguk frowns. "You're the brightest star in my galaxy, Jimin. And the prettiest one. Do you realize I would stare at you all night rather than the stars?"

Jimin doesn't really say anything but he looks at Jeongguk. He tugs the boy down next to him gently and lays his head on his chest. His arm winds around his middle. This is where he feels warm.

"It doesn't matter how many people watch the stars at night. If I was in that sky right now, I would always look for your face, Bun. Always." Jimin cranks his neck to look up at Jeongguk.

Jeongguk can't quite explain it. Just how perfect Jimin really is. He leans down slowly and connects their lips in a soft kiss. Jimin's move pedanticly against his own. He keens for more as the breeze whispers through their hair, their clothes, encouraging for more.