"Skating is when you put on these shoes with blades on the bottom and you glide on ice."

"That's fascinating. Have you ever tried horseback riding?"

"No, I haven't."

"Well, that's going to be on the list of things to do while you're here."

"Sounds like a plan."

After we finished small talking, more people came flooding in. One of those people being Loki.

He strutted over to the table before sitting down.

"Thor."

"Brother," he replied. "I've heard you've met our guest Y/N.," he said as he gestured to me.

"Indeed I have," he said coldly.

I looked up and made eye contact with him; his icy blue eyes stared right through me. My gaze was soon broken from his when Sif asked me to pass her the grapes from in front of me.

When I looked back up he was already in conversation with Thor about his assignment.

Neither of us made eye contact or talked until lunch was over.

"I think I'm going to head to my room and rest for a bit if that's alright?"

"Of course we'll see you after," Sif answered.

"It was nice to see you," Loki said mocking my fake smile from this morning.

"Likewise." I rolled my eyes as I turned to leave.

*******

I placed my key in my door to unlock it.

When I entered a small envelope with my initials written on the front was placed on the floor.

Someone must have slid this under my door while I was gone.

I picked up the envelope and headed over to my bed while peeling back the seal to open it.

I sat down and began to read:

Y/N,

You have been invited to attend the ball hosted by the king and queen. It will be held at 9:00 pm this evening, please dress in formal attire. We hope to see you there.

Frigga

I got up quickly to start to get ready. I had no idea what to wear, what makeup to put on, or how to do my hair.

I decided to call in a handmaid to help me get ready.

She ran me a bath before helping me pick out the dress I would be wearing that night.

I decided on a light pink, open-back dress with a fitted chest to the waist that flowed down past my feet.