15) Christmas Gift

Start from the beginning

Ryland came and sat down next to his twelve-year-old cousin, taking off his earphones and putting his phone safely away in his pocket. As he raised his head, he stopped and looked startled at James who was sitting infront of him.

James was talking to his brother and his friends, laughing, smiling and playing along with whatever they were talking about. He seemed to feel the intense gaze as he turned and locked eyes with Ryland's icy blue ones, immediately looking down and away.

Ryland continued to slowly wrap his earphone's wire around his fingers into a ball in order to put it away, this time staring at the boy opposite him. A slow smile made its way onto his face as he tilted his head to the side, observing his every movement.

Cute.

Soon after, Ray, Alexander, Aiden and Xavier joined the table. Elijah inwardly groaned when Alexander plopped down on the seat opposite him with that famous smirk of his.

Noah however, kept the eye contact between him and Ray as he watched him pull the chair back and sit down. Ray seemed to notice his little challenge and leaned back in his seat whilst visibility spreading his knees apart. His eyes twinkled with amusement at the now flushed Noah who looked very, very uncomfortable. Thus still kept the eye contact.

Come on... You started this so win it...

Hands started to wring themselves together as Noah looked away and reached for the glass of water, embarrassment filling him. He could practically hear Ray teasing and sneering at his effort in his head.

Ray went forward to grab his glass of water but leaned a bit further than necessary.

He whispered- inaudible to everyone but Noah- a line that made shivers run down Noah's spine.

"That's right babyboy, look away ."

That little under breath whisper caused Noah to flush, out of embarrassment, even more. He choked on his glass of water, now refusing to look up from his lap.

Finally, the food began to get served out by the waiters and waitresses. On his plate was stuffed turkey, mashed potatoes served with gravy and a side of vegetables.

In the middle of the table were more: two whole turkeys, roast beef, roast potatoes and more things Noah didnt even know the name of.

He was simpling drooling at this point since he had never had such a luxurious Christmas dinner.

In fact, he's never had a luxurious normal dinner ever, due to the way him and his family were coping.

A small family with a small amount of money in a small house. But that was actually all they needed. Family was all they needed.

The dinner was full of happy spirits and cheerful conversations. At the end they had desert and opened Christmas crackers.

"Okay okay okay I got one, what do you get if you cross a snowman and a shark?" Priyanka asked Noah who was laughing too hard at the stupidity of these jokes.

They weren't even funny, they were so lame to the point they were funny.

"Frost bit- okay these are stupid," Priyanka laughed, chucking the paper away. Elijah was reading a Christmas cracker joke out to his sister who then banged her head against the table.

"Stop. These jokes are honestly hurting my head," Mia groaned, making Elijah roll his eyes.

"Well, if you keep on banging your head against the table then it will. Lemme knock some common sense into y-" Elijah was slapped on the head with an empty Christmas cracker and he heard a snort from the other side.