15) Christmas Gift

Start from the beginning

James stared at him from afar with wide eyes as Ryland carried on walking with an expressionless face.

Wait... he lives here...? Shit, I forgot Noah told me he was Pri's step brother...

Ryland's eyes were glued to his screen and glanced up at Priyanka when she called his name. His blank face was immediately lit up and a genuine smile danced on his lips. He took one earphone out of his ear and looked at the three.

"These are my two friends, Noah and Elijah. Guys this is Ryland, my younger step-brother," Priyanka introduced, pulling Ryland closer by his pocketed arm.

"Hey, Pri's told me a lot about both of you," Ryland shook their hands whilst sharing a knowing grin with Priyanka, raising the two's suspicion, "trust me when I say I know you two more than you think."

"What have you two been gossiping about us?" Noah asked, both Elijah and himself turning to Priyanka and narrowing their eyebrows.

Priyanka giggled, patting him on the back, "Nothing much, just enough for him to know you guys. I've also told Alison about you guys, so don't be surprised if she knows both your names."

"Who-"

"Everyone! The Christmas dinner is going to be served! Come down here and sit!" Zanyah yelled from the entry to the kitchen.

"I personally prefer the other dining room, but we're using this one because this table has the right amount of seats," Priyanka said, shocking the other two friends.

"Wha- How many dining rooms does this mansion have?!" Elijah questioned amazed. Priyanka giggled and turned to look at them, "Altogether, three."

Priyanka lead the two, along with Ryland, to the dining table and they all took a seat.

Elijah was in the middle, Noah was on his right and Priyanka was on his left. Evelyn came up to Noah and kissed him on the cheek.

"You're okay?" She asked. However it sounded more like a relieved statement.

"Of course I am mum, why wouldn't I be?" Noah replied, wiping the smudged lipstick off his cheek.

"No, just checking up on you that's all," she laughed, a hint of nervousness going unrecognized by everyone, "James! May! Come sit here next to Noah!"

James appeared next to Noah and sat down, returning the side hug his big brother gave.

"Hey bro. Eli! Pri! Why dont you guys take me out anymore," James pouted, feigning sadness. Elijah in response just laughed and ruffled his brown hair.

"I- uh- us four will go out some other time, maybe next week and we'll take May too. How's that?" Priyanka suggested, tucking a neat strand behind her ear.

"Promise?" James asked and held out a pinky finger, still faking his resentment.

Priyanka laughed and hooked a pinky around his little finger, "I promise babes."

James's pout turned into a grin and he sat back down onto his seat, "Well you promised soooo..."

Priyanka looked at him with a playful glare, "I thought you were sad you little cheat."

May came soon after, dragging Alison along with her.

"Noah! This is Alison, say hi!" May giggled, looking at Alison and Noah.

"Oh you do have pretty eyes. Pri you were right," Alison laughed, shaking Noah's hand. Noah turned to Priyanka baffled.

"You talked about my eyes ?" He asked incredulously, watching as Alison walked all the way to the other side of the table and sat herself down right opposite May, who was seated next to James.