Chapter 8

At Aslihan's place

Narrator's P.O.V

"Ya Rabb (Oh my Lord), please help me. Save my Turgut from the trap these Mongols are setting." Aslihan prayed.

"How nice ,Albasti, our warrior girl is praying for her brave." Alincak snorted.

Albasti laughed with him. Albasti was covering his face so Aslihan was not able to see who he was. Albasti went up to Aslihan.

"Hatun, once we deal with Ertugrul and Turgut, I will marry you. I don't have a wife." Albasti whispered.

"Rot in hell, you dog!" Aslihan spat.

Albasti smiled and went over to Alincak who explained their trap. Aslihan dreaded every second of it.

"Turgut will come and save Aslihan. Of course, Ertugrul will come with him. We will kill them both, with the help of this beautiful woman."

Aslihan groaned as her stomach started to hurt. She was almost due. Her pregnancy pain was severe. She tried to hide it from Albasti and Alincak because she knew what they would do when they found out.

At Halime's Place

Halime had walked a mile from the caravansary. Beads of sweat dripped from her forehead. She sat down on a rock.

"Where is she? Aslihan? Aslihan, where are youuuu?!" Halime panted.

Exhausted, she fell asleep and remembered her memories with Aslihan from the Cavdar Tribe. This Aslihan reminded her a lot of the Aslihan from the Cavdar Tribe. She started to wonder if they were the same people.

At the Umuroglu Tribe

Eyman Alp entered the cage tent where Ilbilge was being held.

"Ilbilge Hatun, I have some news for you." Eyman Alp started.

Ilbilge ran to the front of the cage. "Yes?" she asked

"Sirma Hatun is getting ready to marry Ertugrul Bey." Eyman Alp smiled,

"What? NO! NO!! SHE CAN'T SHE JUST CAN'T!" Ilbilge shouted.

"Ilbilge Hatun --"Eyman Alp was interrupted.

"Eyman Alp, why are you happy?" Ilbilge asked. She thought he had other good news.

"Nothing, Ilbilge Hatun. I will leave now." Eyman Alp replied, pointing to the bread.

Ilbilge was nodded although, she was confused. She took the bread and left it on the floor. She said she would eat it later so she drifted off to sleep.

At the Kayi Tribe

Meanwhile, the women were singing to Sirma as she was getting married.

"May your marriage be blessed." Hayme Ana fake smiled. She slightly frowned as she did not like Sirma Hatun at all.

"Thank you, Hayme Ana. Now that I am Ertugrul Bey's wife, I will call you 'Ana'! May Allah bless you! You are helping me so much!" Sirma exclaimed.

Hayme Ana weakly smiled and looked at Selcan.

"Here Sirma, may you have a happy marriage." Selcan gave a bracelet to Sirma.

"Thank you, Selcan Hatun! Thank you, Zeynep!" Sirma beamed

They walked to the main room where the wedding was taking place. Ertugrul had taken his seat already and Sirma rushed to sit next to him. She nodded at him, smiling. Ertugrul nodded back but with a straight face. All that was on his mind was Ilbilge. He desperately wanted to save her but did not want to show anyone his longing.