Chapter 7

At the Kayi Tribe

Narrator's P.O.V

Zeynep ran to the door and opened it forcefully.

"And then Baba said that he would marry with one of --" Osman was trying to explain through his running tears.

"Abla! Ana! Have you seen Aslihan Abla?" Zeynep interrupted.

"No, my daughter. Why do you ask?" Hayme Ana replied.

"She was supposed to come back from the caravansary now but she has not come yet. Turgut Abi is worried. He has not seen her, neither have her children seen her." Zeynep panted.

Selcan ran to Ertugrul and informed "Ertugrul! Aslihan Hatun is lost!"

"What do you mean? Has she not come back from the caravansary?" Ertugrul asked.

"No! Turgut Bey looked but could not find her. He asked his children and they said they didn't see her either. He informed Zeynep and she came and told us. You need to send people to find her!" Selcan cried.

"Oh Allah! I will send some Alps immediately. Tell Turgut to come to my tent now!" Ertugrul responded.

Selcan nodded and ran to find Turgut.

"Abi! Where could she be?" Zeynep asked, concerned.

"I don't --" Ertugrul started but then Turgut came with Selcan behind him.

"Beyim (My Bey) have you got any news from my dear Aslihan? Have the alps found her yet?" A distressed Turgut asked.

"No Turgut, no news yet. Insha Allah, the alps will find her soon! Don't worry. Now we will talk about how we will save Ilbilge Hatun." Ertugrul assured.

"Bey! I cannot go save another woman while my wife is lost! Please let me look for her! She must be crying right now, Bey! She must be crying and waiting for me to save her. And not to mention........ she is expecting soon," Turgut sobbed.

"My dear sister Aslihan is having a baby?"Selcan asked and Turgut nodded in response.

"Oh my dear daughter!" Hayme Ana shook her head in distraught.

"May I come in, Bey?" An Alp asked.

They all looked at each other apprehensively waiting for the news.

"Come in!" Ertugrul allowed.

"Ertugrul Bey! Primary Caravansary was raided by Mongols. All innkeepers were killed except from Aslihan Hatun. She was kidnapped, it seems like. Most of the travellers died but their are some alive. Those who are alive are wounded. The leader of the Mongols was Alincak!" the Alp informed.

"Hayir (no)! HAYIR! MY DEAR ASLIHAAAAAAN! ASLIHAAAN! I SWEAR I WILL SAVE YOU! I WILL SAVE YOU FROM THE CRUELNESS OF THAT MONGOL DOG! I SWEAR, IF I DON'T SAVE YOU AND YOU DIE, I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO LIVE ANYMORE! ASLIHAAAAN! MY ASLIHAAAN!" Turgut wailed.

Hayme Ana and Ertugrul tried to calm Turgut down. "Turgut we will save her! We will save that brave woman!" Ertugrul reassured.

"Ertugrul Bey! I will not calm down. I will not rest. I will not eat. I will not drink. I will not do anything until I save my Aslihan! I will not!" Turgut shrieked.

"We will go save Ilbilge soon, we will do Zuhr and go save her. If you don't want to go, then you do not have to, Kardesim (my brother)," Ertugrul stated.

"My Bey, we will save Ilbilge Hatun but then we will save my Aslihan straight after, right?" Turgut asked.

"Of course." Ertugrul replied.