World Against Us

Gaara arrived at the Hokage's building and entered his own makeshift office, which was made for his duration stay. His travel there was uncomfortable, he had felt like the villagers eyed him, as if they knew his dirty little secret. He shook the paranoid feeling, reached for some paperwork he needed to complete before the morning meeting with the Hokage.

Time Skip: 9:00

Gaara had only enough time to complete his paperwork before he was called upon for his meeting. He walked down the long corridor eyeing the photos of all the previous Hokage, abruptly stopping at the fourth Hokage. He wondered why his mind found him so familiar, he found it more peculiar that this was the first occasion he ever noticed. He clicked his tongue, growing frustrated he couldn't pinpoint the source of his awe. Eventually giving up on the idea and proceeded to open the large door to the Hokage's office. 

He respectfully bowed towards the village leaders who accompanied Lady Tsunade, they did the same in return. Pulling out the chair designated for him. "I see you are doing better, I'm glad", began Tsunade. Gaara responded with his most respectful "hnn". The meeting commenced and everything went smoothly, until, they were given break after sitting down for almost 2 hours explaining new trade deals and deliberating travel documents. Gaara waited for all the village elders to exit the room before he turned to Tsunade. 

He wanted to know just how big an issue a relationship such as his and Naruto's would impact the village's political relations. Of course, he had no intentions of revealing the fact that the accused person was himself or Naruto, so he carefully chose his words before he opened his mouth. 

"Sorry, for holding you up, during your break Hokage-sama, but I have some issues to address", he began.

Tsunade looked a bit surprised by the sudden conversation but relaxed to keep a professional composure.

"It's no problem at all...", Tsunade started as she reached for a bell and shook it to call upon her secretary. Shizune appeared shortly after, waiting for Tsunade's command; where she asked for some tea. 

"It is my pleasure to be able to help you in any way, what would you like to discuss?", she resumed.

" It is regarding my sister, she wishes to move to the Leaf village in order to live with her fiance, but because she is a government official she still needs your seal of approval.", Garra responded.

"AHAHAHHA.....well of course I can arrange that!" Tsunade replied gleefully, "You had me worried there for a minute. In any case, I would think that this decision would be harder for you to let such a fine Shinobi move and your sister at that."

"I think she decided on what made her the happiest and as her brother, I could not oppose to it", Gaara responded, "I'm glad that this situation was easily handled but I worry she will have a hard time adapting to her new environment, especially as a Sand ninja". 

" You mustn't worry, the Leaf village will welcome her with open arms, I will see to it", answered Tsunade. 

Gaara saw this as a total win on his part sighing a sit in relief. "Ah, I can feel at ease now, as the Kazekage, I can assure you that I would do the same if such situation arises with one of your Shinobi," Gaara explained. Tsunade raised an eyebrow as the last words escaped the redhead's mouth.

"Why specifically Shinobi-" The Hokage was interrupted as her secretary entered with a tray of black tea, which she handed to both kages. While Gaara thanked the heavens for the interruption only noticing the slip of his words a little too late. As soon as Shizune left, Gaara changed the subject to his earlier wonder, back at the Hokage's hallway.

"The portrait of the Fourth Hokage-", he started.

Tsunade interrupted, "Oh have you finally noticed".