Chapter -1 (Edited)

KANANI POV:

"Hey, you over there, surrender now!" I stared at the scene before me. There was massive destruction all around, and yet these knights thought I was the one responsible. They wanted me to surrender. Did I look like a joke to them? I smirked, an idea forming in my mind. How about being a bit mischievous?

"Sorry, but I'm a bit stubborn. Try to catch me if you can!" I shouted, then took off running, leaping over trees and dodging obstacles as the knights chased after me.

"Haha, so this is the real power of the Holy Knights? So weak, you can't even catch me! Let's see what you guys are gonna do!" I taunted, enjoying the thrill of provoking them.

The forest was my playground, making it easy for me to evade them. I climbed trees and jumped from branch to branch, watching as the Holy Knights grew tired. When the fun started to wane, I decided it was time to end this little game. I burst out of the forest, leaping from a tall tree and soaring through the air like a bird, arms spread wide.

MELIODAS POV:

"It's such an amazing day, Meliodas!" Hawk and I were taking a walk near the Boar Hat.

"Yeah, Hawk, walking by the forest gives us a nice breeze," I replied, feeling the wind gently brush against me. Suddenly, we heard shouts.

"Stop right there!" Several voices yelled in unison, followed by a playful giggle.

"Haha!" The giggle was clear and joyous. Hawk and I turned to see a girl leaping from a tree, arms spread like wings. My eyes widened in surprise, while Hawk screamed in terror.

"Oh my, what animal is that? It's flying like a bird!" Hawk shrieked.

I quickly realized the Holy Knights were chasing her. So, they were shouting at this girl to stop. She landed gracefully, facing the knights with a defiant smile. Her hair obscured her face, piquing my curiosity.

"Look, as I said, you guys are weak!" she taunted.

Hawk whined, "Little girl, you are the weak one. Your power level is just 100 while theirs is nearly 1000!"

The girl giggled, "I guess you, little pig, can't be more stupid than this!"

Her arrogance made me growl, but her next words caught my attention. "Why do humans always consider strength first? Don't they use their brains?"

That sentence... My eyes widened as I remembered someone saying the exact same thing. No way, it couldn't be...

"I am not stupid!" Hawk retorted, but the girl ignored him, addressing the knights instead. "I wasn't the cause of the damage in the forest. So why are you guys following me?"

The knights didn't listen and attacked. I moved to step in but froze at her words. "A BIG MISTAKE!"

"What?" I gasped, confused. Before I could react, all the knights were on the ground, unconscious. Shocked, I noticed the girl had a whip sword. 'It can't be her, right?' I thought, panicking

 'It can't be her, right?' I thought, panicking