Friendly Competition (Yuzu x Mei)

En başından başla

"Himeko wants me to perform with her." Mei furrowed her brows.

Yuzu frowned in confusion, then her face broke into a smile as realisation hit her, "Mei, are you actually nervous?" The blonde giggled. Mei blushed, turning her face away. Yuzu pulled Mei's hand into her own, pressing a tender kiss to her knuckles.

"You don't have to be embarrassed, Mei. You'll do amazing....but we'll still beat you!" The older girl giggled, a teasing grin gracing her lips.

"We'll see about that." Mei challenged with the hint of a smirk.

Two weeks passed, the groups had spent as much time as possible rehearsing and it was finally time. Each group determined to win.

Mei and Himeko had convinced Maruta to perform with them, having her on drums, Himeko on guitar and Mei on vocals.

Each group went, one after another and finally it came to Yuzu, Harumin and Matsuri. The trio were beyond excited, none of them being able to stay still for more than a few seconds.

As they waited to be called on stage, Mei snuck up behind Yuzu, wrapping her arms around the blonde's waist and turning her around. Not saying a word as she pressed a passionate kiss to Yuzu's lips, only pulling away when Yuzu was dragged away by Harumin.

Yuzu was in a daze, her mind fuzzy. Quickly shaking her head, she took hold of the mic and giving a small nod to her friends, they began.

Mei watched, mesmerized as Yuzu moved around the stage. Her angelic voice filling the gym. The energy the three girls had was astonishing. The crowd cheering them on as they performed beautifully. The song ended and they quickly moved onto the next.

Yuzu took a deep breath.

"White hair and white shoes. Neoprene beached around a faded blue. Do what you can with me and do it quietly. As you do, as you do, as you do." Yuzu's lips curved into a small as she spoted Mei across the gym, who staring at her with wide eyes.

"Ashes, ashes, dust to dust,
I think I found a place for us.
It's down by Garden after dark,
It's in my arms, it's in my arms." Yuzu kept her eyes on Mei, singing directly to her.

Harumin and Matsuri glanced at each other, wide grins on their faces.

"And I cannot say a word to you like this. Wanna see you, wanna see you, wanna see you, wanna see you, wanna see you but I gotta resist.
Do what you can with me and do it quietly. As you say, as you say, as you say." Yuzu closed her eyes, losing herself in the music.

"Ashes, ashes, dust to dust,
I think I found a place for us.
It's down by Garden after dark.
It's in my arms, it's in my arms" Yuzu stepped back, allowing Matsuri to take centre stage.

Matsuri beamed as she played, turning back to look at her friends. Yuzu was dancing around, giggling. Harumin had her tongue poking out the side of her mouth slightly as she focused on playing.

Yuzu stepped forward again. "Ashes, ashes, dust to dust,
I think I found a place for us.
It's down by Garden after dark.
It's in my arms, it's in my arms." (5x)

(On 4th time) "Valley under me can you tell me it's all wrong 'til it gets to me?"  Matsuri's smile grew even wider as she sang "Ah, ooh, ah-ah, ooh! Oh Ashes, Ashes, Ashes, Ashes!" (2x)

The instruments faded out, leaving only Yuzu's voice.

"Valley under me can you tell me it's all wrong 'til it gets to me? Ah, ooh, ah-ah, ooh! Oh Ashes, Ashes in my arms."

As Yuzu finished the final note, the crowd erupted into cheers. Yuzu searched for Mei, breaking into a smile as their eyes met. Mei's cold lavender eyes were glassy but they were filled with nothing but love.

The trio shared a hug after they got off stage, neither of them had stopped smiling their whole performance. After their small celebration they made their way to their seats.

After a few minutes, it was time for the final group. Mei, Himeko and Maruta.

Mei took a shaky breath as she stared out at the crowd, her eyes easily locking onto the familiar emerald she found comfort in. Giving a nod, the girls began playing.

"We were both young when I first saw you. I close my eyes and the flashback starts, I'm standin' there, on a balcony in summer air.
See the lights, see the party, the ball gowns. See you make your way through the crowd and say, "Hello"
Little did I know.."

Mei kept her eyes on Yuzu, slowly growing more comfortable on the stage.

"That you were Romeo, you were throwin' pebbles, and my daddy said, "Stay away from Juliet" And I was cryin' on the staircase beggin' you, "Please don't go, " and I said Romeo, take me somewhere we can be alone. I'll be waiting, all there's left to do is run. You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess. It's a love story, baby, just say, "Yes""

As the song continued, Mei's whole demeanor shifted.

"Romeo, take me somewhere we can be alone. I'll be waiting, all there's left to do is run, you'll be the prince and I'll be the princess. It's a love story, baby, just say, "Yes." Romeo, save me, they're tryna tell me how to feel. This love is difficult, but it's real. Don't be afraid, we'll make it out of this mess. It's a love story, baby, just say, "Yes." Oh, ooh"

Himeko gave a subtle nod to Harumin.

"I got tired of waiting
Wonderin' if you were ever comin' around. My faith in you was fading,
When I met you on the outskirts of town, and I said"

Mei slowly made her way off the stage, heading towards Yuzu.

"Romeo, save me, I've been feeling so alone
I keep waiting for you, but you never come
Is this in my head? I don't know what to think
He knelt to the ground and pulled out a ring"

As she sang, Mei took the blonde's hand into her own, brushing her thumb over the ring that sat on her finger. Mei glanced at Harumin, who was smiling softly and holding a small box in her hand. The ravenette bowed her head, taking the box.

"And said, "Marry me, Juliet
You'll never have to be alone
I love you and that's all I really know. I talked to your dad, go pick out a white dress. It's a love story, baby, just say, "Yes"" Mei went down on one knee, holding the box out to Yuzu. The older girl sat in shock, tears welling in her eyes as she silently nodded.

"Oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh, oh
'Cause we were both young when I first saw you.."

Yuzu launched herself at the girl, both of them crashing to the floor in a fit of giggles. The blonde connected their lips, forgetting about their surroundings. The only thing that matter to them in that moment was each other.