Chapter Three: The Force

Start from the beginning

Your temper was quickly attempted to be kept in check. As much as you would enjoy shooting a bullet straight through each and every one of their heads, you recognized that probably wasn't the best option. Thankfully, Mando was there to stop you, or else you would've done so with no hesitation. It was rather... brutal, yes, but at least you'd obtain the ship's parts back, right? And that was all that mattered right now.

"You can stay here," was what Mando had told you once everyone had exited the sandcrawler. "I'll be quick."

"I'm going," you insisted with a shake of your head. If it were yesterday, you would've been absolutely fine with remaining here while the Mandalorian left to locate the Egg. You were utterly exhausted. But today was a much better day. Your wound wasn't as painful as before. As promised, the Ugnaught had allowed you to use his med kit before journeying towards the Jawas. A nice bacta patch was placed over the gash and immediately alleviating nearly the entirety of the burning pain.

Mando seemed to acknowledge the fact that there was no convincing you otherwise, so he allowed you to accompany him along with the pram hovering a short distance from you two.

Eventually, you came upon a horribly muddy landscape. A large cave was visible just up ahead, though whatever was inside was completely enveloped by the darkness within the cavern. Presumably, that's where the Egg should be. Though a dreadful pit in your stomach developed upon realizing it was necessary for one of you to enter that pitch-black cave, without having the knowledge of what, exactly, was in there. "I don't know about this..." you voiced your concern.

The Mandalorian besides you nodded in agreement. "We don't have much of a choice."

"I'll... stay here with the Child, then," was your suggestion. "Someone needs to watch it."

That, and you were utterly terrified of what could be in there. What if it was... a giant spider? Or... some terrible monster waiting for someone to attempt to steal its egg and eat you, or—

"No."

Now that Mando had broken you out of your thoughts, you rolled your eyes. "Mando, I'm not gonna leave with the quarry."

"I don't have one reason to trust you."

You crossed your arms tightly over your chest. "The last thing I want to do right now is fight with you again. I just wanna get on with it already, leave this planet and head to Nevarro as soon as I can so I can get the hell away from you... Besides, if I wanted the bounty for myself I could've easily killed you in your sleep last night. And... you're here, right? So, you should be able to trust me by now."

His voice modulator crackled with a deep, unwilling sigh. He studied you for a long moment, seemingly examining your face and body language for any signs of lying and deception. Then, "You promise you won't try anything while I'm gone?"

You bobbed your head in approval. "Yes, promise."

His head tilted to the side, leaning his weight on one leg and hooking a finger through his belt. Contemplative. Very, very contemplative. Carefully weighing out his scarce options. You couldn't blame him, though. Then, "Fine."

Finally, he stepped away. You watched as he walked off and, eventually, disappeared into the menacing darkness of the cavern ahead.

A heavy silence subdued the ambience. Your eyes remained trained on that dark cavity a few feet away. Something inside you stirred up, telling you to retreat and leave this matter alone. Whether it be simply common sense or the Force warning you of something dangerous, you weren't certain. But you had a feeling you should listen to that voice, or else it could cost the Mandalorian's life.