Chapter 12: Rescued And A Robotic Surprise

Sonic, Knuckles, Shadow, Silver, and Rouge get to Eggman's lair and hid behind the boulders. It was surrounded of Guard Robos, two E-121 Phi Robots, and Metal Sonic was with them. Sonic frowned when he saw the Phi Robots because of their uncanny resemblance to Emerl.

"Okay, so here's the plan. Knuckles, Shadow and I distract the robots away from the lair and take them down as quickly as possible. Silver, you and Rouge will sneak in and find Kaira, Tails will assist you by disabling the security system. Did you guys get that?", whispered Sonic as the others nodded. Sonic, Knuckles and Shadow came out of hiding.

"Hey, Metal! How about you and your buddies try and catch us?", said Sonic as he taunted at the robots. The said robots took noticed and quickly gave chase as Sonic, Knuckles, and Shadow ran away. Silver and Rouge entered the lair and went through the vents.

"Is it me, or Sonic seems more serious than usual? I know Metal is there and all, but I'm not familiar with the other two robots.", whispered Silver, naively.

"Those were Phi Robots, they had the ability of copying fighting techniques just by observation or get hit by the said techniques.", answered Rouge as she continued to crawl through the vents. Suddenly her wrist communicator went off and she quickly answered it.

"Rouge,  can you hear me?", said Tails through the line.

"Loud and clear, hun. What is it?", whispered Rouge.

"It was kinda difficult to get pass through Eggman's security system. But, I managed to pinpoint Kaira's cell location. I'll send you the coordinates as soon as I can.", answered Tails while typing through his computer.

"Thanks Tails, we'll save Kaira for sure", said Silver as they waited for the coordinates. Although, it doesn't seem like they need to do that because Kaira was already out of her cell and is crawling through the air vents. She was quite smart herself and can rival up to Tails' intelligence, only the young twin-tailed fox is 10% smarter than her. Suddenly,  she overheard Orbot and Cubot talking while getting out of a room that was almost concealed from sight.

"The Doctor is surely trying to get that robot to work.", said Cubot.

"That's because it was the original robot. From my data banks, Dr. Eggman copied the basic structure of that robot to make the Phi Robots. His name is 'Gizoid', but Sonic and the others called him Emerl. It was the reason he upgraded his security system and is trying to get it to follow his commands. But for some reason, he couldn't activate Gizoid no matter what he tried.", Orbot explained as they went away. Kaira got out of hiding when they left and began hacking through the lock.

'If what they were saying is true, then I must get Emerl running and get us out of here.', Kaira thought as she finished hacking and doors opened. Emerl was on a table with his chest part open and a few wires were connected to it, his eyes were a dull grey. Kaira began to check into Emerl and tried to see what is wrong with him.

'Hmmmm..... Seems like he got overloaded from all the Battle Weapon Data that he was coded with, no wonder that Emerl wouldn't activate..... Maybe if I delete some of it and change the rest of the battle weapon data, I can get him to power on again. I have to be careful, one wrong move and I might accidently erase his memories....', Kaira thought as she began typing through the computer.

Sonic, Knuckles, and Shadow just defeated the last Gaurd Robo. Now, their only problems now is Metal and the Phi Robots.

"You guys fight those fake Emerls, I'll take care of Metal", ordered Sonic and he charged at Metal at high speed. Soon, they are fighting neck to neck with the robots. It was kinda hard because the robots can just copy their moves. Meanwhile,  Rouge and Silver has reached Kaira's cell and finished defeating the last group of Guard Robos. Rouge get to the door and hacked through the security lock. Once she opened the door, they fell upon a room with broken pieces of robots and an empty cell.