"It's really beautiful. I liked it a lot. Thank you," she answered, smiling happily.

"That's such a relief... I was so afraid you wouldn't... Since it's a bit modest, so..." he retorted nervously.

"I like modest things the most, Sir Koraxos. And to me, what matters the most about a gift is that it comes from the heart."

"You're right about that."

"But..."

"But?" he asked hesitantly.

"I can't accept it... I have to give it back to you..." she replied, looking him straight in the eyes.

"Why? You just told me that you like it, though," he asked, a little taken aback.

"Yeah. I do like it, a lot even, believe me... It's just that... That music box... Your mother gave it to you, right?"

Lucas looked at her with a shocked expression on his face that answered the princess' question.

"How did you know that?"

"I read the little note on the back of the box," she replied.

He stayed silent for a little moment, looking at the ground.

"So, it's true, isn't it? Your mother gave it to you."

"Yeah... You're right... It was a gift from my deceased mother..." he replied with a sigh.

"So, this music box must be really precious to you, right?"

'Yeah, just like you are,' he thought.

"And that's why I can't accept it," she added determinedly.

"Please, accept it, Your Highness," he said in a small, sad voice.

"I-"

"Please... That would make me very happy if you do... So please, accept it..." he begged her like a little child begging his mother to get him something.

Luana sighed then smiled at him softly.

"Okay, then. I'll keep it."

"Thank you, Your Highness," he replied, smiling back at her.

They stood there looking at each other silently for a little while until Luana spoke up.

"Well, I have to go now since I'm late, Sir Koraxos. I wish you a very good day."

"To you too, Your Highness," he replied, bowing to her.

The young princess stepped forward to continue on her way only to be stopped by Lucas again.

"Your Highness," he called out to her from behind.

"Yes?" she turned around to look at him.

"I wish you would call me Lucas from now on. Just Lucas."

"Okay... As you wish... Lucas," she replied, smiling slightly before turning her back to him.

Lucas remained standing there, watching her walk away gracefully, a big smile on his lips and a pounding heart in his chest.

══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ══════

Meanwhile, the young noble ladies were sitting on the different sofas in the salon, talking together about different topics.

"I can't wait to see the princess!" said one of the girls, excited.

"Oh! Me too! It's been so long since I last was her!" replied another.