Chapter 13 - A Visit to the Pulitzer's

Start from the beginning

Katherine laughs. "Yes, I do."

"Anyway, has Jack made a move yet?" Stage questions. Cards laughs, as Katherine blushes again.

"No, not yet" Katherine answers.

Stage grins, clapping. "You want him to though!"

Katherine's eyes widen. "How the heck do you know that?"

Cards smiles. "Stage is really good, like annoyingly good, at reading humans and their emotions. She's also kinda like Romeo in the love area. She knows when people are crushing, and will do all in her power to get them together. She just doesn't flirt with everyone like Romeo does."

Katherine laughs. "Romeo's the one who's flirted with me a few times?"

Cards laughs. "Sounds like him."

"One Jack makes a move, I can tell you that no Newsie will even dare to look at you the wrong way. It's part of being a leader and him being overprotective" Stage tells Katherine, who nods.

"You aren't at all bothered by this?" Cards questions, raising an eyebrow.

Katherine shrugs, leaning back against the wall. "No, it just means that I won't get soaked or flirted with. I'm not too annoyed by that."

Stage grins. "She's perfect for him! And just a perfect friend! Can we be friends?!"

Katherine and Cards laugh. "I thought we were already friends."

Stage grins even wider. "My life is complete. Now all I have to do is get Cards to wear a skirt and I'll be set!"

Cards freezes. "No."

"Yes."

"No, Stage."

"Yes, Cards."

Katherine cuts in. "If you ever need less fancy dresses or skirts, I have some you could borrow. They don't fit me anymore."

"Thanks!" Stage exclaims, hugging Katherine. "You're amazing."

Before Cards can say something, Stage hugs her too. "You're my best friend, you already know how much I love you."

Katherine smiles. "You two are so cute. I wish I had a relationship like this, and not just with Davey."

Cards and Stage laugh. "I'm sure Sniper, Smalls, and a few other Girlsies would like to meet you."

Katherine nods. "Well, I look forward to meeting them."

Cards checks the time. "We don't want to take up anymore of your time, Katherine."

Katherine shrugs. "It's fine. My dad will be here within twenty minutes though."

Cards nods. "I doubt he'd be happy if he found us here, and I'm not very sure I want to go back to the Refuge. Plus, I definitely am not letting Stage go back."

Katherine nods, frowning a bit. "If one of you ever gets locked back in there, tell me. I will help you get out.

Stage and Cards smile. "Thanks Katherine."

"I'll walk you to the door" Katherine states. The two younger girls nod, getting up.

They walk downstairs, successfully avoiding anyone else who was in the house.

Katherine opens the door, and they share smiles. "Thank you, Cards and Stage, again."

The two girls smile. "You're welcome."

"It's the least we could do. You've done so much for us, and the boys were stupid and angry." Stage adds. Katherine and Cards laugh. "Thank you."

Stage whispers in Katherine's ear. "And one day, we will get Cards to wear a dress."

"No-"

Katherine smirks, making a pinky promise with Stage. "Oh definitely."

Cards glares at the two of them. "Not happening. I will tickle you, Stage."

Stage shrugs. "It wouldn't be very different from every other time you've done that."

Katherine laughs.

"Stage."

"Cards" Stage mimics her.

Cards smirks, running at Stage.

Stage jumps, before running off in the direction of the Manhattan Lodge. "Bye Kath!"

"Bye Stage, bye Cards!" Katherine shouts back, laughing as she watches them disappear from sight.

"How the heck are you so fast?!" Cards shouts. Stage giggles.

"I have a lot of practice!" Stage answers. Cards rolls her eyes.

"Get back here, Stage!"

"No can do, Cards. You'll tickle me."

"That's the point!"

The two girls laugh together.

1108 Words