CHAPTER 10

Forgive me for the weird switches of perspectives and the uses of ''you'' ''I'' and whatnot. I have been having a difficult time writing lately and I am just trying to get something out because I miss writing because I want to and not because I have to to get a passing grade.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

(RONIN'S POV)

I had asked Finn to help me find out if Y/N returned my feelings and he said that he could but it would be difficult as he wasn't the closest with her but he would do what he could. I didn't really need dating advice although I haven't dated anyone in years, I'll admit I am rusty but I would never even dream of asking Nods opinion on the subject. On top of that, I had consulted the queen about training for Y/N so that she could better defend herself if she got into any tight situations, the queen said that it was a good idea and that If I could teach her the skills she needed as I did know her better then most of the people here. We will start her training once she is feeling better.

(Y/N POV)

In the next couple of days since the incident you have just been taking it easy, no, it's not like you almost died or anything but, you were just feeling very drained after the whole ordeal and you did have some minor cuts and bruises that still hurt. You were slightly irritated that everyone kept telling you to take it easy and that you shouldn't work yourself so hard when you are not feeling the best, you really wanted to help with everything that is going on. On the bright side, you did get to know more about the place that you were in and you got to talk to the queen a lot more than you usually would.

It had actually been a while since you shrunk and since you didn't really have much waiting for you in the big world and your brother and niece knew where you were, you weren't really bothered, this is the best you have felt in years. Who knew what it would take to be a little bit comfortable was being shrunk to about 2 inches tall and to be in the middle of a forest. You definitely felt happier and more like the people here were good and wouldn't try to hurt you in any way. You started talking to Finn more and by that I mean he was talking to you, a lot, more. Of course, you talked to him too but it seemed strange that he went out of his way to talk to you despite the slightly suspicious behaviour that he was showing you didn't have a bad feeling about it so you didn't mind.

Sadly, you haven't seen a lot of Ronin after he left your room after the incident. You had seen him every once in a while when you walked down the hall, and he would ask you how you were, or when you would see him walking off to his post after seeing the queen. Speaking of the queen you are actually just going to meet her as you hurry down the halls.

The guards let you into her room and she greets you with a warm hug.

''How are you doing, Miss Y/N?''

'' A lot better, and you know you can just call me Y/N.''

''I know. Sorry, just a habit.'' She said with a smile.

The conversation was very casual and light, filled with a fair share of giggles until the queen startled you with an out of the blue comment.

''Ronin, seems a lot happier since you got here.'' She said with a wink.

''Oh, really? He seems normal to me but I wasn't here before I got here so I really wouldn't know.'' You replied trying to keep a straight face and hide your blush at the mention of Ronin being happier because of you.

''Oh, yes Indeed! You could even ask Finn, he could tell you the same thing.'' And she continued.

'' I for one think it is great that you came along. It has been great for some people here, It is so nice to have someone to talk to about stuff that isn't royal duty and stuff. It is really great to have someone to just have fun with. That and, I think Ronin likes you a lot.''

You just about spit your tea (or other beverage of your choice).

''You think he likes me?''

''Definitely. He does a great job at hiding most of his emotions but I am a girl with, despite being a queen, not a ton of things to do and plenty of time to observe other people. In fact, I would say that you like him quite a lot too.''

Heat rose to your face as you nodded your head, not even bothering to deny it, after all, you trusted the queen not to tease you or scream your information to the world.

'' I do like him, Yes. But, I find it hard to believe that he would return my feelings, there are just so many other people that are way more eligible than me.''

She raised an eyebrow. ''Not to him there isn't.''

''Are you sure he likes me?''

''Basically, a hundred percent positive.'' She smiles at you.

You smile back.

Later, the visit came to an end and you were back in your room supposed to be resting but instead, your head was filled with thoughts. Despite the queen's words you still felt that this couldn't be true and that you just had to find it out for yourself.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Word count: 960.

So sorry for the long wait y'all. I have been struggling a lot lately, emotionally and physically, but I am really glad to know that you guys are still interested. I was kinda starting to feel what I was writing wasn't of interest and that what I was investing my time in was just wasted energy, needless to say, I am glad some people read this. 

Don't forget to vote and comment! And follow me if you haven't already!