They don't really care about us.

Lily's p.o.v

I ran so fast I barely felt the ground underneath my paws. Sophie's smell was still fresh and I was planning on following it. She had become one of my best friends in the past months and I would not just let her leave like that: without saying goodbye. Above all, she was my brother's mate and I had some stuff to discuss with them both. I understood she had to go with him as he was the Alpha of the lynx pack, but at least they could have told me.

I had been running for five solid hours now. Somewhere during the second hour, I had past that god forsaken meadow and I was happy to pass it without any trouble. Now I had reached a pool of water and I needed some water. I quickly drank some and then I continued my run. After two more hours I heard people talking in the distance. I could not hear what they said, but I knew this had to be the lynx pack.

I shifted back to my human form and was relieved I stil had my clothes on. The perks of being a hybrid. I entered their territory without any fear and I saw a couple of them staring at me. They weren't attacking, probably because I smelled like them. There were no rogue lynxes, there was just one pack and it was the only safe place so every lynx was smart enough to stay there.

'Do you know where Fred and Sophie are?' I asked one of the men who was staring at me. He just nodded and then turned around, walking away from me. I wanted to ask him why he didn't answer my question, but then I realised he was leading me to Fred. Well, that was easier than I thought. It seemed like no one here wanted to put up a fight.

'This is his office, but he is busy right now, you can come back in three hours, that's when he's done working,' the man said to me and he instructed me to sit. I looked at him and laughed softly. I didn't have time for that, I was going to see him now, no matter what work he had to do.

'I don't care, I'm his sister and it's important that I see him now,' I said and then knocked on the door once before bursting inside. Apparently there was a meeting because I saw not only Fred, but around five more people as well. In the middle was Sophie, in tears. All the men stood around her. Was this meeting about her? She turned towards me and the moment I looked into her eyes, I knew it was her. Something had changed since the last time I saw her. She held a different vibe around her.

'Well hello there brother, I see that you're having a meeting here, but I just wanted to tell you what an enormous asshole you are, just leaving me like that without saying goodbye.' After I said that Fred stood up and walked towards me.

'How nice of you to join us, but as you can see, we're a little busy here trying to find out what's wrong with my mate. She isn't shifting and she smells different as you have noticed already.' Fred tried to sound strong, but I could hear he was broken on the inside, blaming himself for whatever was wrong with Sophie.

'It's obvious, Fred. Sophie is a witch and I need her. Our mother-yes I know she's dead, but she spoke to me- told me that a witch would be able to solve the problem of Katherine. Of course it had to be Sophie, it couldn't be more obvious I mean Katherine was in love with you, but she could never have you because of Sophie. It's so ironic that Sophie will eventually be the death of Katherine. Do you get it, Fred? Sophie has to come with me, we all need her because if she doesn't fix this problem, the whole supernatural world will be in big trouble!' I was stuggling to breathe after I said all of that. All of it had come out so fast because I just had to tell someone else about what was going to happen.