Gentleman or pretendant? (Jade x reader)

Start from the beginning

"You are very welcome, little one. I hope you can pay back the favors... meet me at the Mostro Lounge after class." His hot breath against the human's skin gave them goosebumps and left Y/n's mouth drier than Scarabia's desert. But before they could even respond Octavinelle's vicepresident had already gone.

////////////////////////////////////////

It was already 14:10 and the classes were over and Y/n was still burning inside. Their tomato cheeks could be seen from miles. They even had to hide their face as the poor human ran back to their dormitory.

—"God, no one told me having crushes included getting sick.." they sighed as they laid down on one of the coaches of Ramshackle's dorm.

- "... so YOU DO LIKE HIM!" Ace came up from behind the couch screaming at their ear making them jump off.
— "How long have you been there?! Who let you in?!"

- "No one! The door was open." Ace smiled shamelessly.

— "B*tch you can't just break into someone else's home! I'll sue you!"

- "Yeah yeah, don't take it so hard, Y/n. We have bigger things to discuss, right Deuce?" Deuce came back from the kitchen with Grimm on his side.

— "I swear to the great Seven I'll put an alarm!"
- "Y/n! Do you really like that guy?" Deuce ignored them and sat down on a couch.

After counting to 50, the muggle relaxed.
— "Yeah! And? It's not like he likes me back." The y/e/c eyed looked down to the floor.
- "... are you blind?! Of course he likes you!" One of the ghosts made his way into the conversation surprising everyone.

— "Oh yeah? And how do you know that?" Y/n looked up glaring at the undead.

- "I am a ghost. I have lived long enough to see how a man in love acts and speaks." The ghost talked so confident, as if he was some kind of wise old wizard.

— "And how does a man in love act?" Deuce asked with that curious twinkle in his eyes.

— "he helps you when you need it; he dresses nicely; he smiles at you and chats with you; he tries to get you to spend time with him... agh, there was something more.." The spirit couldn't seem to remember but when he looked up to see the young people and the demon, they were all glaring at him.

— "W-what?"

- "That's not how a man in love acts! That's how Jade Leech acts EVERYDAY! With everyone!" The prefect of the old dormitory threw a pillow at the undead just for him to dodge the attack.

— "Still that's not how all men act when they are in love... everyone expresses in different ways." Everyone was astonished by Ace's wise words.
— "wow, Ace-"

- "at least that's what my mom's soup operas showed me."

— "Aaaand dumb Ace is back." Grimm concluded getting laughs from everyone except the guy with the heart mark.

- "But still. Why do you bring this up now, Y/n? Did something happen?" Now Deuce was using the brain cell the four of them shared to make a good question!

— "He... helped me and Grimm today..."
- "Oh, that's right! He helped us not to get detention from that crazy cat lady."
— "PFT- Grimm, you better not call him that to his face, Hahaha!" Ace advised the little creature.

— "HOWEVER!" Y/n was trying so hard not to get interrupted again.- "He has helped me before and never asked anything in return... until today..."
....
The chatter went on for almost an hour! With little questions and warnings to promises that they will kill the calm one of the Leech twins.
But after a lot of drama and getting Jack and Epel to come and help they all reached a conclusion: Y/n was going to meet up with Jade as they promised, and find one way or another if the mushroom lover was crushing on something more than mushrooms.