Chapter 19 - The Attack

Start from the beginning

Before they could even roam around further, a certain dude caught their eyes.

He has black hair and two white hair strands on his bangs. There's a black diamond shaped tattoo on his right cheek and his skin is unbelievably pale. His odd purple eyes stared at the crowd for a moment, then he walked away later on.

Allen and Az blinked for a moment.

"Hey... I don't know if it's just me. But doesn't Abigor have black hair and white strands on his bangs?" Allen asked, facing Az.

"Uh yeah, and doesn't he also have a diamond tattoo on his right cheek?" Az added.

"Yeah, and doesn't he also have purple eyes and unbelievably pale skin?" Allen added more.

After a few seconds passed, these little pieces of information all crystallized into one horrifying answer.

"Holy shit. No way." Allen said.

"Yes way." Az nodded seriously.

"So what are we gonna do?" Allen asked in a serious tone.

"Follow him." Az answered sternly.

Allen gaped at the boy with wide eyes. "You've got to be kidding me. Are you seriously saying that we should follow this dangerous demon!?" he exclaimed. "That guy is going to be the one who'll brainwash me into a villain, and you're saying we're going to follow him!? Are you mad!? Right now, he's stronger than us because of your current situation. We can't just rush out and follow him without a plan! Let's have Alicia do this."

"Oh, right." Az said in realization. Allen does have a point. They shouldn't risk being caught by the enemy. Abigor isn't just a normal demon that they could follow with ease. Az turned to Alicia and said, "Alicia, follow him and inform us by using the mind link."

Alicia didn't say a word. She just nodded and followed Abigor.

As the girl left, Allen and Az just stood there and looked at each other.

"So what should we do?" Allen asked.

"We stay and wait for the information that Alicia is going to give us." Az replied.

"Or maybe we could eliminate those things while we wait." Allen said, pointing at a creepy looking furball that was following a little boy who's roaming around carefree. "Wow, it's so unexpecting that out in the open, I'll see one of these brain-eating monsters." he chuckled, hiding the feeling of nervousness within him.

"If you're a normal person, you obviously won't." Az pointed out.

Allen arched a brow, wondering what Az meant.

"Ever since we made you drink that high quality potion, it gave you the ability to see things that others cannot. Aren't you wondering recently that you can see Alicia in her invisible form? Back then, you can't do that." Az told the boy and smirked. "These tiny brain-eating furballs has the ability to hide their presence from other beings. Right now, they're using that ability. With you being able to see them is enough proof that you ain't normal anymore."

Allen stood there in shock, panic was rising within him. "So what are you saying!? Does that mean I can see ghosts too? You just said I could see things that other people can't see."

Az looked at him and shrugged. "Dunno. Maybe? I'm not really sure, because so far I've never seen one. he said, looking at Allen. "Aren't you glad, Allen? At least you've gained one ability that normal people don't have. Generally."

Allen frowned. 'You suppose I should be happy for this acquired ability? Of course not. I would only be happy if I was born with a special talent or acquire something that I worked hard for, not using some cheat to have one.' he thought and walked away. After a moment of silence, he then added another thought, 'But honestly, I'm quite grateful that this ability could help me survive the dangers in life.'