Chapter 12 - Phobia? (1)

Začít od začátku

"I'm afraid we can't do that, Mr. Allen. That kind of thing might result to brain damage." Alicia tells him. Az on the otherhand, keeps laughing nonstop.

"Az! Stop laughing, will you!?" Allen yelled at him.

"Hahaha! I'm s-sorry, pfft—haha. Just g-give me a second..." Az says, trying to catch his breathe. A few seconds later, he finally stops laughing. "Okay, so let's talk about something important."

"Since Larence had been warned, he's starting to investigate Ted... and judging by what we saw earlier, Rachel's with him." Alicia tells them. "Huh... That's strange. Their interaction is earlier than the original novel."

"Maybe it's because of the letter. After Larence read the message, he had been worrying nonstop. And we're here, just chilling around." Az shrugged.

"Excuse me. Knowing how my life is in danger, there's no way I could chill around." Allen crosses his arms.

"Okay, guys, stop. Let's talk shall we—oh boy." Alicia suddenly stopped speaking. Without warning, she disappeared with Az, causing Allen to back away in surprise.

"Hey! Where did you guys go!?" Allen asked, but his question wasn't answered. Right now, he's talking to nothing but air.

"Allen, there you are. We've been looking everywhere for you."

A voice suddenly surprised Allen, causing him to flinch a bit. He turns around and sees two people. He looks at Ryan who's the owner of the voice. As their eyes met, he subconsciously averted his gaze.

"Ryan, what are you doing here? I mean, what's up?" Allen says, trying not to sound awkward.

Ryan smiled, touching Allen's shoulder. "Class is now starting, Allen. Let's go before Sir Neil scolds us." he says. His voice sounds friendly as usual. If Allen didn't read the novel, he would've been fooled.

'Okay, Allen. Try to remain calm, act like you usually do.' Allen thought to himself.

"Allen? Are you okay? You're sweating." Ryan says, leaning a bit close to him. He may sound concerned, but Allen knows he isn't.

After Allen found out how dangerous Ryan was, he felt scared around him. Those yaoi fanfictions made it even worse.

"I'm fine. So get away from me, you're damn close." Allen says, shoving Ryan's face away from him.

"Sorry. You looked pale earlier so I'm just trying to check if you're okay." Ryan chuckled. For some reason, his smile made Allen shiver.

Ryan noticed Allen's uneasiness, but he just pretended to not know. If he hadn't known him for five years, he would've thought that nothing was different about the boy's actions. Ryan's curious on what Allen discovered about him, so he'll stick around him and observe.

"You shouldn't wander around when you're alone. Haven't you heard the news? There are students who're consistently getting kidnapped in here. Be careful." Ryan reminded.

Allen looked at him. From the outside, Ryan may seem like a concerned friend, but Allen knows that deep inside, the boy was actually thinking the opposite. Even though the blue-haired boy doesn't say it out loud, it was already enough for him to notice. If it weren't for the novel he read, he wouldn't have known Ryan's true nature.

"As if someone would try to kidnap me." Allen rolled his eyes. "Whoever dares to lay their hands on me, they will pay for their lives." he says in a confident tone, noticing Ted who's staring at him from the corner.

Honestly, Allen is just trying to sound nonchalant about the situation. He doesn't know why the demon is acting weird, but it's creeping him out. Ted had been eying him for a while now.