Chapter 11 - Worst Day Ever

Start from the beginning

Az shook his head and explained. "Not really. We don't receive tasks and gain points or whatsoever. We're not playing some game, you know. The only similar thing in this situation, is having a lot of restrictions."

Hearing what Az said, Allen got curious and asked.

"System? What's that?"

"Eh? Well, uh, it's a reincarnation or transmigration thing."

"Reincarnation? Such thing doesn't exist. That's just a mere fantasy." 

Az looked at Allen. He tilted his head, a sudden realization hit him. His expression brightens up and puts a fist on his palm. "Oooh, right. I forgot. In this world, people don't believe in reincarnation." he says.

Alicia nodded, putting a hand again on her chin. "Now that I've come to think of it, you're right. I totally forgot about that."

"What? Don't tell me that reincarnation exists in your world." Allen arched a brow.

Az looked at him, giving out an unsure gesture. "Well, people have different beliefs. There are scientists who said that there are evidences about it, but there are others who believe it's just a myth. In my opinion, around 50%, I probably don't believe it."

Allen stared at him for a while. He tilted his head and asked curiously.

"So what about the other 50%?"

For a moment, silence filled area. Az quietly looks on the ground, hesitating a bit. He paused for a while before answering.

"I guess that 50%.... is the part where I believe it might be real." he says. The next words he said were too low, but Allen and Alicia could hear it clearly. "I wish it is real."

Allen's eyes widened a bit. He's curious why Az would wish such a thing. He wants to ask him, but for some reason, there's this feeling that tells him not to.

When they were about to drop the topic, Alicia asked the question that Allen wanted to ask.

"Why do you wish that?"

Once again, everything is silent. Allen gulped a bit, looking at Alicia nervously.

Before they were about to take a step forward, a fireball suddenly crashed in front of them. Out of reflex, Alicia dragged both Az and Allen backwards.

They looked at the source where the fireball came from. They saw Will from afar, pointing his hand towards them, trying to attack them again with a fireball.

"I thought he isn't going to attack me as long as you're around!" Allen exclaimed, turning to look at Az and Alicia.

Az nervous chuckled, awkwardly rubbing the back of his head. "Well, you see... Uh, knowing his personality, he tends to be impatient—"

Before Az could finish his sentence, Alicia interrupts him. "Don't worry, Mr. Allen. We can handle him—"

A fireball tries to hit them again, causing Alicia to grab both Az and Allen. They both jumped through the window, so that they could escape the enemy. The three of them fell.

"Are you crazy!? This is a three storey building! You know I used up my strength back in our world! I don't have enough energy to teleport the three of us!" Az exclaimed.

Alicia ignored her master and started casting a spell. A very big jello-looking thing suddenly appeared below the ground. It is greenish and wobbly. The three of them crashed onto that thing, breaking their fall. They were bounced towards a muddy ground, causing their clothes to be covered in dirt.