Chapter 3 - Otherworldly Object

Start from the beginning

'Seriously, what's up with this?' he thought. 'It's as if this thing is telling the future...'

Allen scoffed. "The fuck? Is this some sort of a joke?" he says, scarily narrowing his eyes. He starts to think that this is just some prank that someone pulled off.

"I see. Someone must've purposely dropped this thing in front of me." he says angrily. "Is he stalking me? Is he planning to provoke me? Well, I'm gonna sue him if that's the case."

Allen fumed. Such an insolent bastard dared to prank him. He'll make sure to find that guy and make him pay. He doesn't forgive anyone who messes with him.

---

The next day, Allen walks around the school campus. His two friends wondered why he had a murderous look, it's as if he wants to hunt someone. The students around them are even scared by the expression he's making.

But Allen just ignores their stares, and focused on looking for the culprit.

"Allen, we've been walking around thirty minutes. Aren't you getting tired?" Calia groaned. "My feet hurts.."

"Allen? Is there something wrong? You seem to be looking for someone." Ryan says.

"Yes. There's something wrong, Ryan. And I can't wait to bash that guy's head once I find out who he is!" Allen growled, walking even faster. His two friends tries to catch up to him.

"Why? What happened?" Ryan asked.

The redhead frowned even more. Remembering what he read last night, it creeped him out, and he blames it all to that bastard who came up with that stupid prank. "Someone dared to mess with me, and I'll make him pay!" he tells Ryan.

The blue-haired boy sighed at Allen's nasty temper. "Look. I think it would be better if we just let it slide. You can't cause a scene like always."

Calia nodded in agreement. "Ryan's right. Aren't you tired that you're always the target of gossip?" she says in concern.

Allen stayed silent for a while. He doesn't know who pranked him, and he's pretty sure that no one's willing to help him. In the end, he'll just look like an idiot roaming around school. Seeing how pointless it was, he sighed.

"Sigh. Fine, I'll let this go. Just this once." Allen grumbled.

His two friends sighed in relief. The walking really drained them, so relaxing is totally what they need right now.

As the three of them were about to go somewhere, Allen heard something that caught his attention. He turned his head towards the two boys who were passing by.

'I know right? I can't believe the meeting was cancelled.'

One of them sighed. They both seem stressed.

'Yeah. Now, teacher's going to give a surprise quiz.'

'Ahh, crap. I didn't even study.'

His friend chuckled. 'Pfft. Dumbass, you don't even study.'

Allen almost gasped when he heard their conversation. He noticed that those two are his classmates. Ryan and Calia gave out a surprised look—it seems they had heard them too.

"Eh? Did you hear that?" Calia gasped. She looks at Ryan with a horrified expression. "The teacher's meeting was cancelled? And we're going to have a quiz!?" she exclaimed.

While Calia was panicked, Ryan just stood there with a calm expression.

"Nah, so what? Sir Neil's lessons aren't really that hard." Ryan shrugged.

Calia pouted. She finds it unfair that Ryan is such a genius. The boy doesn't even study, yet, he aces the tests and quizzes. "Ugh, you're so annoying." Calia whined.

"Indeed." Ryan smiled teasingly, irritating the blonde girl.

Allen just stood there, stunned. He remembered that he read something about the meeting being cancelled, especially the surprise quiz.

'No way, there's no way that's possible... Maybe it's just a coincidence.' he thought.

As they head back to the classroom, they were greeted by stressed students. The classroom was a mess—everyone starts reading their books, some are memorizing, and the others were roaming around like complete idiots.

The three were stunned by the sight. Ryan was confused, so he grabbed a girl who was passing by. "Hey. What's going on?" he asked.

"Huh? You don't know?" the student arched a brow. "One of our classmates heard that Sir Neil's going to have a surprise quiz! And he's on his way now!"

"Oh, I see." Ryan says in a nonchalant tone. Of course he's calm. After all, he's one of the smartest students in this school. Larence may be good in academics, but Ryan is number one.

"Sigh. Seeing how calm you are, I'm pretty sure you'll ace it." the student frowned. "You smart people always got it easy."

Ryan wasn't happy at the girl's words, so he just smiled and walked past her. 

Allen observed Ryan, it made him wonder why he wasn't flattered. A moment later, the redhead suddenly realized something. 'Wait a minute.... Those lines they were saying...'

Somehow, Allen finds it strange. He remembered reading about something like this. The lines they said earlier were exactly similar to that story. A moment later, Allen shook his head, thinking that it is impossible. There's no way that the unknown object he picked from before could predict the future. Such things doesn't exist in this world. Even seers doesn't exist, in fact, they're considered as a myth.

'So there's no way. It's just a coincidence.'

'Maybe I'm just being paranoid. Yes, that's it. Everything was just pure coincidence.'

Allen thought in denial, trying to get it into his thick skull. A moment later, his thoughts were pushed aside when the teacher came in and announced,

"Good afternoon, everyone. Unfortunately, the meeting was cancelled. So now, we have classes, and there's going to be a surprise quiz."

Allen gulped. His pupils started to shake as he guess the next words that was about to be said.

"Is he going to say..." he trails off, his voice was cracked. For some reason, it feels like he exactly knew what statement that the teacher was about to say.

'...If anyone perfects the test, I will give him a prize, and a couple of plus points?'

Allen thought that this must be it. Those are the words he remembered from the novel. If the teacher really says it, Allen would flip.

"If anyone perfects the test, I will give him a prize, and a couple of plus points." Sir Neil said.

Imagine Allen's shock when his thoughts matched the teacher's statement. He almost jumped from his seat. He starts to realize that this is too much for a coincidence. The story that he had read last night, it's happening. It doesn't only state their past actions, it can also predict the future.

The redhead's mind started to swirl. He starts to feel dizzy because of thinking too much.

That story he read last night...

Somehow, this makes him feel like he's...

...living inside a novel.