xiii. THANKSGIVING

Start from the beginning

"What do you want to wear?" Billie asks the girl while going through her closet.

"I don't care just make me look pretty," Iris whines 

Billie laughs "You don't need me to do that, your already pretty,"

Iris blushes as Billie places a kiss on her head. She felt like she didn't deserve someone like Billie.

"So my family is coming here for thanksgiving and obviously you are invited and so is your Dad and Justine if they want to come," Billie says while helping Iris change into new clothes.

"I'll text them both and let them know they are invited. Thank you," Iris kisses Billies cheek as soon as she was done changing.

Billie wheels Iris over to the stairs "Ready?" She asks as Iris nods her head. Billie lifts the girl in her arms before walking her down the stairs and placing her on the couch next to Otis. Then she ran back up the stairs, grabbing her wheelchair and bringing it back down and helping Iris into the chair. 

As soon as Iris was in the chair, there were a few knocks on the door. Billie prances to the door before opening it with a smile and seeing her family standing there. "Come into mi casa," Billie started to speak a little Spanish since Iris was teaching her. She was only able to say a few words and a few sentences but she was getting better. 

Maggie, Patrick, Finneas, and Claudia walk inside, Patrick carrying a giant turkey. 

"Hi, baby, where should we put this?" Maggie greets her daughter before pointing to the giant turkey that Patrick was struggling to hold.

Billie laughs "The kitchen,"

Iris rolls her way over to them as she greets them all. After she rolls over to Billie "Hey I texted my Dad and Justine and they said they would love to come,"

"Great, tell them they can come whenever. The food won't be ready till later tonight," 

"Hey Iris, want to help me cook? I heard you were great at cooking," Maggie asks the girl making her face light up.

"Mom she can't even stand-"

"I would love to," Iris was finally happy that someone asked her to help with something instead of being pitied. It made her feel less helpless. 

"Iris are you sure?" Billie asks the girl 

"Billie, I promise you she will be fine," Maggie steps in before wheeling Iris over to the kitchen.

"Is there anything, in particular, you want to make?" Maggie asks the girl as soon as they reach the kitchen.

"Growing up my Dad and I would always make empanadas, that's my favorite," Iris practically drools thinking about it.

"That sounds good, do you think Billie has the stuff you need to make them?" Maggie asks while grabbing a bunch of ingredients.

"I made her postmates a bunch of things last night so we would have everything we need for today," Iris smiles when Maggie starts laughing.

"Let me guess, the only thing she had in the kitchen was old snacks and a few cans of beans," 

"That's correct," Iris laughs