"Hehe, I actually thought you'd arrive just next year..." commented Rebecca sheepishly.

"Well, since Christmas' times had passed I returned back to Sodor earlier this morning." disclosed Scotsman. "Gordon was the first one to know, and well...He told me not to tell you as it'd be a surprise." He chuckled.

Rebecca chuckled as well. "I wished he could've told me earlier..."

"Then the surprise would be ruined." Scotsman pointed out jokingly, causing the two big engines to chuckle. "But jokes aside..I'm very happy to be by your side again."

"I say the same..I hope those tours doesn't affect on our relationship in any way." said Rebecca.

"They won't, I can assure you that." said Scotsman as he winked at her.

They didn't know it but Gordon had overheard everything and was now looking at them from afar, showing up a warm smile of his. Sadly the empathic appreciation didn't last long as Spencer had pulled up beside him.

"Love is beautiful, isn't it?" He commented mockingly. "Well, it is if you date someone of the opposite gender!"

"Spencer, don't start it." vexed Gordon. "I'm not about to have my New Year's Eve ruined because of you."

Spencer just chuckled softly before a smirk spread across his face. "But it's true though, isn't it? What you're gonna do? Throw a tantrum like you always do?"

"Oh sod off. I'm really not in the mood to argue now." He hissed.

"Ooh, I see...It's because you know I'm right." Spencer scoffed pompously.

"Are you fucking serious?!" Gordon piped up angrily. "Why can't you just accept who I am?!"

"Gordon, there are a lot of hot female engines around the island, and you decide to date one male? Like this I can't help you!" commented Spencer.

"If you can't help then why don't you just shut up?" Scotsman piped up angrily, with Rebecca following him.

"Scot, please. You're straight so you should understand that. Gordon needs to stop dating a male and start dating females just like us." Spencer pointed out softly.

"Just because he's different it doesn't mean he have to change ways, Spence!" commented Scotsman.

"If he's queer, then he's queer. No one can change that!" added Rebecca. "You must accept it! After all you're his cousin! Family should support each other!"

"Well, I'm not about to support one bitchboy like Gordon." stated Spencer.

Gordon grunted annoyingly, eavesdropping what Spencer had said. He was about to retaliate but instead kept his mouth shut once their argument got intense by the second.

Nia watched from afar, feeling sorry for Gordon as he was in this situation in the very last day of the year. She knew she couldn't just stand still so she puffed away in search for Henry.

*Meanwhile.*

"So what's your New Year's resolution, Henry?" asked Edward with a small smile.

"My resolution is to be more useful, lose more my fear, and to strengthen more my and Gordon's relationship." Henry pointed out softly.

"Oh that's adorable." commented Edward warmly. "And what is your New Year's resolution, James?" He smirked, eyebrow cocked.

"To be even more splendid of course!" The red engine disclosed proudly.

"I don't think that would be possible, James." Henry smirked.