𝐹𝐼𝐹𝑇𝑌-𝑇𝐻𝑅𝐸𝐸

"Team bonding is of utmost importance here in volleyball. We have to trust our teammates to give their best at everything they do, even if your mind tells you otherwise."

Sakusa glances at the blonde sitting next to Hinata,  who has a dead expression on his face. Guilt once again builds within him. He had snapped at Atsumu, and words that he wasn't and shouldn't have said were said. It made the tension between them even more prominent, and Sakusa mentally slapped himself for doing so.

Sakusa had noticed Atsumu during their practice. He knew the smile Atsumu wore all the time wasn't genuine. He knew, because after all those years, he could never quite forget the smile that made Sakusa fall for him.

But it seems that Atsumu couldn't give a genuine smile. His hazel brown eyes didn't twinkle like it used to when he smiled.

Not that Sakusa cared.

Atsumu had accused him of being a liar, without even seeing what had happened at the cafe. "So, I want you to get into groups of four and tell your group members things you can't do. Go!"

Bokuto, who is sitting next to Sakusa, immediately grabs his arm. "You should join us!" he chirps. Hinata waves at Sakusa while Atsumu looks down at the floor. These two are so oblivious to the worsening tension between Sakusa and Atsumu...

"Okay," Sakusa mutters.

"I'll start first!" Hinata says.

"So, I can't hold my pee for very long. I can't watch horror movies. I can't kill insects for you. I can't look at blood cuz it scares me. I can't stay still for very long. And... that's about it," Hinata lists, nodding as he ends it off.

"I'll go," Atsumu says.

"I can't look at a cup of coffee anymore. Because it reminds me of someone, who I shouldn't remember," Atsumu says, emphasising on the 'shouldn't'. Sakusa stiffens. Atsumu made it sound so personal..

"I can't go to the beach anymore. Because it also reminds me of someone and what we used to have that is now so not what we used to have."

"I can't sleep at night. I don't know why. I don't know what the hell keeps me up at night."

"I can't listen to OSTs. You know, Original Sound Tracks? Yeah. For K-dramas. I mean, I do. But then I can't stand the lyrics anymore. Because they're not true."

"And yeah. I can't hold my pee for long too. And watch horror movies," Atsumu ends off, finally looking up to glare at Sakusa. Atsumu raises his brows at Sakusa and folds his arms.

The glare causes irritation to ignite within Sakusa, and he says, "I'll go next."

"I can't drink a cup of coffee unless it's made by a certain someone. I can't bear to watch Spongebob Squarepants or even hear the name 'Squidward'. I can't dance anymore because it reminds me of someone too. Someone I really liked. He loved dancing."

Atsumu's glare softens slightly, and the tension in his folded arms loosens.

"I can't look at I*ZONE songs the same way again. I can't even look at Woolimz. It's a ship of two members. Because again, it reminds me of someone."

"I can't give a genuine smile," Sakusa says, the anger from earlier slowly dying as he meets Atsumu's gaze.

"Because there was really only one person who made me genuinely smile."

(`・∀・')

A/n:
It's 5am JDJDJEJD I SHOULD BE SLEEPING

Sakusa being real smooth right there^^