𝑇𝐻𝐼𝑅𝑇𝑌

"No, absolutely not. I refuse to believe that Fate is just fate. I mean, she put in the character of Chance for that reason!" Atsumu protests.

Sakusa shakes his head. "Fate had paved Isabelle's path for her and then someone just comes and says, 'No, nope. I don't agree! Let's ruin this path you have so carefully and painstakingly made for this girl!'," he retorts.

"But at the same time, you have to consider Isabelle's feelings. She didn't want a Prince, you know. She wanted to be free and be herself," Atsumu says.

Sakusa flops onto his right side. "Yeah. But you also have to understand that Fate had arranged something specific in Isabelle's path, which affects some people who cross her path; for example, Ocatvia and Felix," he says.

Atsumu groans into his phone. "Yes. But sometimes you put yourself first, not others."

"Pretty selfish."

"That's how life works."

"How about you? Do you put yourself first before someone else?" Atsumu asks, his face half buried into his pillow.

Sakusa purses his lips. His mind wanders back to the cafe, when Everytime started playing. He had this feeling of wanting to protect the smiling Atsumu in front of him at all costs. Would he really put a bright, sweet, playful and stupid male before himself?

"Depends on who," Sakusa decides to say.

"Same here. But of course, I'd put food before anything else," Atsumu says, smiling playfully into the camera.

Comfortable silence envelopes the pair, and Atsumu yawns into the camera. Sakusa glances at the top of his phone which showcases the time- 3.30am.

"Is it really 3.30am?" Atsumu asks, who had also looked at the time. "Time passes really quickly," Sakusa replies, smiling slightly. "When we're together," Atsumu adds.

'When we're together'.

"You should get some sleep, Atsumu," Sakusa says, rubbing his eyes. "I don't want to hang up, though," Atsumu complains.

"Who said we have to hang up?" Sakusa asks. "What? So we just... sleep with our phones next to us on the bed?" Atsumu says, grinning at Sakusa. "Well... yeah," Sakusa replies, turning to his left side to put the phone on the empty space next to him.

"So we're like sleeping next to each other. Virtually," Atsumu says, whose camera is moving as he puts his phone onto an empty space on his bed.

"Yeah," Sakusa says.

"Pretty smart, Omi."

"I've always been this smart."

"Egocentric much?"

"Not really."

"Anyway, good night, Omi Omi."

"Good night, Atsumu."

"I love you and miss you."

Sakusa doesn't say it back. The words nearly spill out of his mouth, but he stops it.

He looks at his phone, where Atsumu's eyes are already closed.

Even in the dimly lit environment, Atsumu's blonde hair is tinted into a dark shade of gold.

How can someone shine so bright even without their twinkling eyes whenever they smile?

A snore escapes Atsumu's mouth, and Sakusa smiles. He's already asleep?

"I love you and miss you too."

╰(*'︶'*)╯♡

A/n:
Omi said it. Not whispered it.

But while Atsumu is asleep.

Gosh, Omi.

The first scene was SakuAtsu debating on a book called Stepsister by Jennifer Donnelly, which is one of the books that is really empowering, in my opinion. It's a very nice book :D

Anyway, after a few chapters,,,

There may be a few sad scenes ;)