Chapter One - Year One

---- Year One ----

"I can't believe I have to wait a week till I get my letter. That's way too long!" I told my aunt Victoria. We were in the kitchen, I was eating breakfast and my aunt was drinking her coffee.

"I used to complain of having to wait for my letter when Kara would go to Hogwarts." Victoria told me. "But trust me, one day you're going to look back when you're older and wish you were still waiting for your letter."

"Maybe. But I mean, Hogwarts sounds like so much fun. You get to meet new people, learn about spells, how to brew potions, explore Hogwarts. I mean, you only get to spend seven years of your life there." I said, "How could one ever learn so much?"

"Believe me, I know." Victoria told me. "But, there is one more thing you could add to your list."

"What?" I asked.

"You could find the love of your life." Victoria told me.

"I'll add that to my list in a few years." I told her.

"Love has no age my dear Em." Victoria teased. My nickname was Em, her was Vic or Vicky. "Plus, there are endless options! Hundreds of boys and girls your age alone."

"Victoria!" I said with a laugh.

"What? I don't know what you like. But whatever it is, I'm okay with it." Vic said.

"Noted." I told her with a laugh.

"So, for today I was thinking-" Victoria stopped after hearing a knock on the door. We both got up and walked to the door. Vicky un-did the locks and turned the knob. She then opened the door as I stood behind her. For a few seconds there was no talking and I began to wonder who was there.

"Hello Lucius, Narcissa, Draco." Vic greeted, voice stiff. I almost bolted back to my room. Victoria moved out of the way and in walked the Malfoys. I cringed at the amount of arrogance that radiated off of them. Unfortunately, I'm related to the Malfoys. The exact connection is unclear to me as they're on my dads side and I don't know who he is.
I despised the Malfoys. They thought they were better than everyone else because they're Pureblood and rich. Personally, I don't have any time for people like them, but you don't get to pick your family.

"Hello Emily." Lucius said, greeting me with a sneer.

"Uncle Lucius." I greeted, giving him an obvious, fake smile. He shook his head and turned away from me. He's treated me like this since I was young. I never understood it. I thought maybe it had something to do with the way I looked, but I have the signature blonde hair and grey eyes that he and Draco have. Draco and I even looked like brother and sister, although, now that we were getting older, the differences in our faces were becoming clearer. I eventually came to the conclusion that I didn't have to know why he didn't like me, he just doesn't and it's fine by me.

"Hello Emily, dear." Narcissa greeted. I honestly didn't mind my other aunt. When Draco and Lucius were around, she stayed in the background. When it was just she and I, she was nice to me.

"Aunt Cissy." I replied.

"Emily." Draco said, coldly.

"Draco." I replied in the same cold tone. Draco and I are about the same age. He was a few months older but I knew that we would be in the same Hogwarts year. Draco took mainly after his father. He was rude to me most of the time and looked at me as if I were a disappointment. When we were younger, he was sweet and kind to me. I was his favorite person to be around and he was my mine.
One day, he just stopped being nice.
I never found out why he stopped. I just know that our bond broke and I hated being around him almost as much as I hated being around his father.