singing

request by: @bokojunko

timothée's pov

"I'll take them up." y/n said.

"Okay." I said.

I smiled and watched as she slowly walked with our five year old son and three year old daughter up the stairs.

We've been out all day and had a late dinner.

Y/n and I put them into their pajamas before dinner, just to not have to deal with the hassle of dressing them afterwards.

I took the plates off of the table and gave them a quick rinse before putting them into our dish washer for a good clean.

After getting done with that, I washed my hands and went upstairs. Just as I approached our son's room, I heard little whispers.

Every night, y/n tucks in our son for bed and our daughter lays with him until she falls asleep herself.

I'm usually the one that carries her back to her own room. She can't get enough of her big brother, they are extremely close and love each other too much to be apart for a long time.

I peeked into the slightly opened door, careful not to let them see me.

Y/n was sitting on the bed as our kids laid next to each other, calmed down now.

"What book do you want me to read tonight?"

"No book!" our son said.

"No book?" y/n asked almost shocked "you want to go to sleep without a story?"

Our son shook his head. "Sing, Mommy."

After five years of bedtime stories, our son wanted her to sing them to sleep this time.

"Okay." she nodded and cleared her throat.

She took a second before parting her lips, and began to sing:

"I can't seem to focus
And you don't seem to notice I'm not here
I'm just amirror
Youcheck your complexion
Tofind your reflection's all alone
I hadto go

Can't you hear me?
I'm not comin' home
Do you understand?
I'vechangedmyplans."

In the midst of singing, she took a blanket and covered them both. Our son hugged his sister tightly to 'protect her' like he always does when they have go to sleep.

"'Cause I, I'min love
With myfuture
Can't wait to meet her
And I (I), I'm in love
But not with anybody else
Just wanna get to know myself"

Our daughter was deep asleep now, she missed her midday nap today.

A wide smile spread across my face as I watched our son doing the same right back at his Mom as she continued to sing.

"I know supposedly I'm lonely now
Know I'm supposed to be unhappy
Without someone
But aren't I someone?
I'd like to be your answer."

Y/n ran her fingers through his curls, ones just like mine.

"'Cause you're so handsome."

Our son was struggling to keep his eyes open now.

"But I know better
Than to drive you home
'Cause you'd invite me in
And I'd be yours again."

Y/n stoked her thumb across his left cheek and placed a kiss there right after.

"But I, I'm in love
With my future
And you don't know her
And I, I'm in love
But not with anybody here
I'll see you in a couple years."

She sang, and our son finally closed his eyes.

I stepped forward a bit, and the door creaked open. Y/n, turned to look at me.

"I-I'm sorry," I said "I didn't mean to make any noise."

"It's fine." she whispered, turning back to the kids.

She placed a kiss on our daughter's forehead. I walked over to stand next to her.

"You never told me you could sing." I said.

"I've never told anyone." she said.

I bent down to give her a kiss to the cheek and went to scoop our daughter off of the bed.

"No, no, no," y/n said "leave her here tonight," and stood up from the bed.

"Are sure?" I asked.

"Yeah," she turned around and smiled "they'll be safe as long as they have each other."

I gave her kiss before going to give my kids some kisses as well.

"Ready for bed?" she asked.

"Yes."

We gave our kids one last glance before closing the door and going back to our room. Y/n and I changed into our pajamas and got into bed.

She cuddled close to me, close enough for the tips of our noses to almost touch. I wrapped my arms around her as she pressed some kisses to my shoulder.

"Y/n."

"Yes?"

"Can you sing me to sleep too?"

All I received was a chuckle.

What I would do to hear that beautiful singing voice of hers for myself now.

"What song?" she asked.