"Someone has gone soft. Anything to do with a particular messy-haired friend of his?" I teased.

"Oh shush. I'm just trying to make you see a little bit clearer and make it easier for you," she blushed bright red.

"Right," I said, smiling, She just rolled her eyes.

"So, you're all saying I should give it a go?" I asked one last time. Angie and Lily nodded.

"Yes, but the final decision is yours. This is just what we think," Caroline said, and I thought for a minute.

"If, and I'm saying IF, I refused, will it put you in an awkward position? Especially with Remus?" I asked.

"Don't worry about me. Things with Remus are awkward anyway. That's why I was waiting for Sirius to reveal himself. So I don't have to communicate with them in secret and talk to Remus. Now everything is in the open, I'm no longer a middle-man," Caroline said. She tried to smile, but we can see right through her.

"You know, I noticed him stealing glances at you every once in a while, "Angie said.

"Me, too," I said.

"I know, I feel his eyes on me sometimes, which irritates me because I have no idea what he's thinking and he refused to say anything," she said. I sighed.

"Do you want me to talk to him?" I asked and she shook her head.

"No, don't. I don't want to make a big thing out of it. I just wish I knew what I did. It's not like I told him that I've had a crush on him since forever, hell I didn't even flirt," she said frustrated.

"I'm sure you didn't. We all know you can't flirt to save your life," Angie said and I hit her with a pillow.

"It's just frustrating, you know. One day we were studying normally, even laughed a bit. I didn't even ask him to walk with me in the courtyard as you guys told me to do. After studying we went our separate ways and the next morning at breakfast he suddenly has a headache and can't study. And it went awkward from there," she ranted, then took a deep breath.

"You know, when they started hanging around us I was happy and thought maybe he would notice me. Then we started studying together, and I thought maybe I have a chance. A chance to show that I care. To at the very least be his friend, but he doesn't even treat me as a friend. He treats me like someone who he wants to avoid and I have no idea why. Now, I'm fed up. Now that Sirius revealed himself, I don't need to talk to him and put myself in an awkward situation. I will try to move on. I did my part. I was there. He noticed my existence. I mean, if he doesn't want me as more than a friend because he's a werewolf, then fine, but he doesn't even want to be friends. I'm done. I need to try to move on," she said. 

By now she was out of breath and on the verge of tears. Caroline has always been emotional and sensitive, she cries easily. Which is not a bad thing at all. I'm glad she is able to get out the negative emotions regularly without having to bottle them up. That's why she was always like a ray of sunshine. I wish people didn't see that as a weakness. No one knew what to say. Caroline was right. As much as Remus is a great guy, his actions aren't winning him any points here, and if Carolie wants to move on then I will support her.

I hugged her and patted her hair as Lily rubbed her back. Angie didn't know what to do, but I can tell she was upset for Caroline. Angie doesn't always show her soft side. She is mostly sarcastic, but she would destroy anyone who hurts her loved ones. 

"Am I the only one without a complicated love life here?" asked Angie to lighten the mood. I knew she would try to crack a joke. It worked, we all chuckled.

"You do actually. You and Leon are pinning after each other and both too nervous to make the first step," I said.

"That's not complicated. He's the man, he should take the first step. My job is to drop hints, which I don't know how. Once I figure that out, it will be easy peasy," she said and stuck her tongue out.

The Girl Who BelievedOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara