chapter thirty-one, from the dining table!

"Just our great luck...tire is flat, we are practically stranded in the middle of nowhere" Louis shouted as he kicked the flat tire, causing Reign, Calum and Tommy to take a step back.

"We have to tell him now..." Calum whispered to Reign, who looked over at Louis, the man obviously letting all of his anger and frustration out on that poor flat tire. The young brunette shaking her head in disagreement "Calum, no-"

"What is going on?" Louis asked as he turned around to be looking at the two, he saw and also heard that they were arguing over something, but it seemed as if they were trying to stay as silent as possible so Louis couldn't hear them. The man was ready to approach them and see what was really going on when he got cut off by two cars parking next to theirs.

"What happened?"Zayn asked as him, Niall, Luke and Michael got out of the cars, trying to see why all of a sudden they had stopped and to make sure that everybody in Louis' car was safe and sound.

"Our tire is flat" Louis said as he once again kicked the tire, not believing how this could possibly be happening to them...especially at this moment...he felt as it was some sort of a sign that the universe was trying to send him...like "Hey, we don't want you to get to Harry and confess your undying love to him so we are going to pop your tire.".

"Oh fuck you universe!" Louis shouted causing the group behind him to exchange a look of worry, before Calum spoke, look of worry for the older man not leaving his face

"You need to tell him"

"You didn't tell him?"Niall asked, he was so surprised by this, that he shouted it a bit, causing Luke to hit him on the back of the head...however the damage had already been made, since Louis heard it, turing around to see what was going on

"Tell me what?!"

All of them were standing in silence, none daring to be the one to speak, the one to face Louis with the ugly truth. The group looked over at Reign, feeling as it would be best for him to hear it from his younger sister, who he loves and cares about very much. Michael coughing, while Calum lightly showed Reign on the back.

The girl looking at the two, before back at Louis, trying to give him a reassuring smile, as she started telling him the not so pretty reality.

"Liam is planning on proposing to Harry...tonight"

Those words stung, causing Louis to just...stop. He stood there, not knowing how to react or behave really. The group (even the ones in the cars) exchanged a look, all of them feeling a part of his sadness and worry for him. Louis was trying to process it all, the last months, even year went flashing back...Should he just go home and let the two be happy and get married? I mean Liam loves him, right, but so does Louis? ...Could he just let him go like he did last time?

"Oh"

"Hey Louis, we've come so far right now, please don't give up...we still have time, it's not too late" Reign said as she took a step towards her older brother, hugging him from the side as she tried to give him this reassuring smile.

"Don't let this news discourage you, you don't know his answer and you won't know unless you go and fight for him" Michael spoke up, while Luke added.

"Whatever you decide to do, we will love and support you no matter what"
...

"We've done everything possible...We've postponed dinner, got our cousin and his pregnant girlfriend arguing, let the dogs out into the streets and had to chase them, we had all of the kids color on the white couch, ruined Liam's hideous jacket...okay we did the world a favor there...we are most definitely banned from the next reunion...but they still aren't here" Theodore spoke as him, Joshua, Hunter and Madison all sat on the what used to be a white couch, observing the whole family reunion revolve.