Time was passing by immensely slow and I felt myself drifting off to sleep. Both Harry and I were aimlessly staring into the glass ball in front of us. But honestly I couldn't tell if Harry was actually trying to foretell his future or if he was just daydreaming. I observed and studied the odd ball yet I found nothing.

"This is so boring," I whispered.

"Yeah," whispered Harry.

"Do you see anything?"

"Nothing at all."

"Well what are we supposed to do when she comes to our table and asks what we see?"

"Make up something I suppose."

"Why not," I let out frustratingly.

So when Professor Trelawney came to our table, I was already in the process of creating a story. But then she looked at me with those large, bulky eyes.

"You my friend. I can already see your future."

"You can?" I asked, curiously.

"Yes! Lemme just look into your glass ball really quick."

I studied as she circled the crystal ball around to get every glimpse of its structure. I patiently waited for an answer.

"Aha!" she exclaimed, "Something very tragic will happen in your life! Something devastating that will leave you heartbroken!"

"Oh," I said, "Will I have happiness again after that?"

"There's someone else who will be waiting for you after it is all said and done. Someone who has loved you since day one."

This left the class speechless but it only left me wondering.

"Well, class dismissed!"

Yes! I survived the first day of school! This time when I left the classroom I was sure to remember my backpack. I was not doing that again. I turned to Harry.

"What do you think that means?"

"I'm not sure but then again I don't believe in that stuff."

"You don't think it's true?"

"Maybe. But I'll believe it when I see it."

Harry picked up his bag and gathered up his books in his hands. He stopped and looked up at me.

"You coming?"

"Oh yeah," I quickly said. "Yeah let me just get my stuff."

I gathered up my belongings awkwardly because I felt Harry's eyes watching me. I was surprised he was waiting for me although I suppose that's what friends do.

Together, Harry and I exited the classroom and walked down a winding flight of stairs only to meet Hermione and Ron at the bottom bickering to each other about something. Immediately, they stopped when they saw me and Harry.

"Hi Harry. Hi Holly," said Hermione, "Could one of you please tell Ron that he is very much capable of doing his own homework."

"Well," I said, "Maybe you couldn't do it for him but you could help him."

"See!" exclaimed Ron as if I just proves his point.

"Well Ron's version of help is doing it for him."

"Not true!" Ron protested.

Harry and I decided to stay out of it and go our separate ways.

"Would you like to do something together?" asked Harry.

"Like what?"

"Well. We could take a walk near the lake. I don't have any ideas really."

"That sounds nice," I replied as I skipped along beside Harry.

It was just me and Harry who were taking a walk beside the lake- no one else. The air outside was perfect and no one else was around. It was truly peaceful and something about it felt wonderful in a way I could not explain using words.

"So.... What would you like to talk about?"

"I'm not sure."

"Well erm how was your first day?"

"It was great actually. What about you?"

"Brilliant."

One conversation led to another one and all you could hear from a distance was our laughter. Harry's laugh was truly contagious. His smile would expand so much that his eyes would barely be visible. And in someway or another I began to take in every detail about him. The way he moved his hands as he spoke, the sound of his laughter, his sense of humor- I studied it all. But it didn't feel like a purposeful act. I just happened to notice I suppose.

"I think dinner has already started. We should start heading back," said Harry.

"Good idea."

So side by side, Harry and I began making our way back inside the castle. I hadn't realized we had been outside for so long yet I couldn't wait to go walking again some day.

———————————————————————-

Note from Author: Luckily I redid this chapter because it sucked booty hole. Anyways please enjoy the rest of this story. Just wanted to say hello lol.