40│VERONICA IN LOVE

Start from the beginning

Gunther stared at her for a moment before he shrugged. "Okay, Rachel's pretty friend."

"See," Veronica grinned and pulled Chandler back to the rest of the friends.

"Wait a minute, I know that hat!" He quickly joined in on making fun of Rachel's comically large sun hat, "I was taken aboard that hat! They did experiments on me! I can't have children!"

Monica burst out laughing and managed to ask. "Seriously, where did you get the hat?"

"Ross gave it to me," Rachel glared at them as she nodded her head to her ex-boyfriend.

"Yeah, I think she looks good," Ross nodded as he smiled at her.

"See, told you," Veronica whispered to Chandler, "Zero sense of style."

"Now, excuse me, my fashion-impaired friends, I am here to tell you that hats are back."

"And this time, they've ganged up to form one giant, super hat," Phoebe laughed at Rachel.

"Nothing about that hat is 'back' except that it should definitely go back to whatever factory rejected warehouse it came from," Veronica grimaced as she poked the floppy hat rim.

"Aw, she is so cute when she's angry," Ross chuckled as he watched Rachel fondly.

"Pft, Ronnie's always cute. She can't do anything without being cute..." Joey trailed off as he pursed his lips irritatedly, "Stupid cute."

"...I was talking about Rachel," Ross pointed out slowly.

Joey's eyes widened and he opened and closed his mouth, trying to think of something to say. "Can we stop at Delmar's Deli & Grill! I wanna get a sandwich for the road."

"Fine," Monica huffed, knowing he would whine until she said yes anyway, "But no unscheduled stops after that."

"Yes!" Joey cheered as Phoebe started driving to his favorite sandwich shop.

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"What's got you down, sunshine?" Phoebe frowned at Veronica, "Did they not have the dead animal carcass you like in your sandwich?"

Veronica, Joey, and Chandler had been sent into Delmar's with a list and time limit from Monica. Veronica had made sure the two got the order right before she decided to wait outside with the rest of the friends.

"No," She grumbled as she pursed her lips, "We got everything that we needed. Oh and Joey almost got something that wasn't on the list. A whore."

"What?!" Phoebe's brows furrowed.

"Well, we were paying for our stuff and the cashier just started flirting with him," Veronica scoffed heatedly as she crossed her arms.

"Oh, my God," Phoebe gasped dramatically, "A woman flirting with a single man? We must alert the church elders!"

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"Go, go, go!" Ross rushed the friends as they scrambled to get to the beach house in the pouring rain.

"Oh yeah, now everybody wants to be under the hat!" Rachel scoffed as Monica and Joey huddled into her to hide under her hat.

Chandler and Veronica were stumbling together as he held one of her many suitcases above them for cover.

"Oy!" Rachel gasped in disdain when they finally stepped into the beach house, only to find the flooring completely covered in sand.

"What's with all this sand?" Monica complained as the friends looked around in shock.