38│JOEY IN LOVE

Start from the beginning

"Ow!" Joey yelped and rubbed the back of his head in pain, "What'd you do that for?"

"You were trying to make that guy's head explode!" He huffed in annoyance.

"So it was working?" Joey grinned excitedly.

Chandler rolled his eyes and sighed. "All right, look, I think it's time for you to settle down. Y'know? Make a choice, pick a lane."

"Who's Elaine?" Joey asked with furrowed brows.

Veronica finally joined the two after getting the cute guy's number and the three soon launched into a conversation.

"Hey, did you find your bra yet?" Chandler asked when Joey left to order another coffee.

"No," She shook her head with a frown.

"Well, what does it look like?" He asked so he could look for it as well.

"It's the red strapless one with all the lace."

"What bra?" Joey asked curiously as he joined them.

"Oh, uh, I've been sleeping with this guy for a while and I left a bra at his place," She explained calmly, "But I can't find it anywhere."

Joey nodded before his brows furrowed. "Wait, why does Chandler know about it?"

"... Because I was complaining to him about it. It's one of my favorites."

Before he could say anything else, Gunther called him over to grab his order.

"You couldn't have stretched the truth a little bit!" Chandler snapped as he glared at her.

"Hey, the best lies are the ones closest to the truth," She rolled her eyes.

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"Of course I'll marry you, Tom Cruise..."

"Veronica! Wake up!"

"Tom? Why is your voice so squeaky and annoying all of a sudden?" Veronica grumbled sleepily.

"I'm not Tom Cruise! It's me, Chandler!" He huffed in annoyance as he nudged her awake.

"Damn it!" She whined, "I was planning my dream wedding with Tom Cruise before you ruined everything."

"Yeah, yeah, it's me Chandler! The guy who always ruins everything!" He snapped.

Veronica's brows furrowed and she gently patted his shoulder. "What's gotten into you?"

"I kissed Kathy."

"No!" She breathed out as her eyes widened in shock.

"Yes!" He cried and threw his head into her lap sadly, "What am I going to do."

"Well, now you have to tell Joey," She sighed as she played with his hair comfortingly.

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"Hey, Chandler!" Ross called when Chandler walked into the coffee house, "Joey just showed us the new furniture. Very nice."

Chandler, feeling so guilty over kissing Kathy, had gone out and used his savings to re-furnish the apartment with only the best of the best. Joey had just gotten done showing the friends the apartment and they'd all gone to Central Perk before he'd needed to leave for an audition.

"Yeah! Joey has the best boyfriend ever!" Monica teased him with a laugh.

"I kissed Kathy," He breathed out as he threw himself onto the couch sadly.