Chapter 3

"I'm telling you he was checking you out, Angel"

"Okay even if he was 'checking me out' that doesn't mean he likes me".

"Honestly Angel I don't think I've ever met someone as smart as you and as dumb at the same time".

The two girls had been arguing back and forth whether or not Fezco had been flirting with her minutes prior. While there was one of the two who was completely correct and the other in denial. The two continued the playful bickering all the way back to the Santiago residence.

Opening the door, Rue surveyed the two-tiered home. She smelled the familiar scent of incense and coffee as they headed upstairs. Entering Angel's room she felt almost relieved seeing that everything stayed relatively the same. One of the many things she appreciated about her friend was how immaculate and coordinated her room was. Everything had a place and made sense within the room, it was something Rue's OCD took comfort in.

Sitting in front of the vanity, Angel began to roll up a blunt for the two. Wanting to help her friend, Rue began to survey the girl's closet for an outfit. She understood how seriously Angel took her appearance and like to present a certain image of herself, so she caught on to the girl's attire preferences rather quickly.

"Rue if you want to borrow anything of mine you're more than welcome too", Angel said.

Scoffing at her offer, Rue replied, "As if. I'll leave the looking like a bad bitch responsibility to you".

Smiling at the girl's comment, Angel finished toasting the blunt and began smoking the pristine-looking joint.

"Are you excited for tonight Rue? I know it'll be different since you've stopped using drugs but I promise to make sure you have a great time!", Angel said.

Suddenly feeling the weight of the pills in her pocket, Rue avoided her gaze. "Yeah for sure. Um, you know what? I think I'll just get ready at my house and meet you back here okay Ange?"

Confused at the sudden change of plans, she inhaled the blunt and looked back at Rue. "Are you sure? I can just come with you if you'd like".

Shaking her head at the offer, "Nah it's all good, I'm probably just gonna shower really quick and annoy Gia while you get ready. Don't worry I'll be back in time", she said.

Pouting her lips, but not wanting to push her further, she conceded. "Okay, just don't be late I'll only take an hour or so".

Giving the girl a quick kiss on the cheek goodbye, Angel continued to get ready.

Angel put on her getting ready playlist as she began to do her makeup. She wanted to look perfect but not too much. Knowing how packed the house would be, she didn't want her makeup to smudge or run. She opted for a smokey eye with a nude lip along with lightly curling her hair for a beachy wave look. She put on a few more spritzes of her vanilla perfume and looked at the outfit Rue had picked out for her. It was a sparkly gold spaghetti strap mini dress. Long enough to cover her butt but tight enough to show her curves quite nicely.