Chapter six

3rd person POV

After the girl fell asleep in Luke's arms, he laid her into the bed, tucking her in and kissing her forehead.

He felt for the girl and was amazed at how incredibly strong she was. She spent two years, alone, not being able to talk to anyone.

Luke went back into the studio and was met with Reggie waiting for him.

Reggie threw his hands up, "Finally! Do you know how bored I've been?"

Luke shakes his head, laughing at his best friend. Reggie was exactly what Luke needed to cheer him up after today.

If only Luke realized that the rest of the day wouldn't be much better.

It wasn't long before Julie came in, giving Reggie a flyer.

Reggie and Luke read through the flyer and Reggie spoke up, "We're playing a school dance?" He showed Luke the flyer, "Sweet!"

Luke wasn't in the best mood, so he shrugged, "It's not exactly the strip."

"And you're not exactly alive, so maybe you should be happy we have our first gig." Reggie fired back.

Julie laughed while pouring water into a pot of plants, "I wasn't exactly in love with the idea at first either, but it could be a great way to build a following, right?"

Reggie agreed, "Yeah. Yeah. We need to play wherever we can, whenever we can."

Luke brightened up, "No, you're right. Let's rock those kid's faces off and then play the clubs."

Julie joined in, "And then record a single that gets a billion streams?"

Luke was confused but went along, "I don't know what that is, but hopefully it lands us a manager and a tour."

"And then we release a bunch of hit albums." Julie continues.

Reggie snaps his fingers, going along with them, "Put out a country album that does surprisingly well." Julie and Luke give him a funny look so he explains himself, "I shred on the banjo.."

Julie smiles at her friend, "Then I'll learn how to fiddle!"

Luke suddenly forgets about his sad feelings, becoming all giddy, "And before you know it, we're being inducted into the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame!"

Reggie cuts in, "But one of us isn't there, because we had a blowout in 2032." Everyone nods and Reggie keeps going, "My moneys on Alex. He's just so sensitive." To which, they agree.

Luke goes on again, "So what are we waiting for? Let's get rehearsing!"

Luke desperately wanted to rock the performance tonight, especially if a certain ghost girl was going to show up.

Julie stopped them, "Uh, where is Alex?"

No body knew so they just decided to start rehearsing without him until he got back.

The ghost girl up stairs eventually woke up and poofed into the garage, where the music was coming from. The boys gave her a slight nod, acknowledging her presence without Julie noticing.

Elizabeth's POV

While the group was rehearsing, I couldn't keep my eyes from venturing to Luke. He just looked so perfect.

I needed to talk to him later. At least thank him to putting me to bed.

He was so sweet, and caring, and cute, and perfect, and- Flynn walked in, pulling me out of my thoughts.