Chapter two

2020, present time

3rd person POV

"Hey, Under achiever,"

"Hey, Disappointment,"

The two best friends greeted each other, not aware of the older girl there with them.

"Okay, I know you don't want me to ask you this," Flynn says to Julie, she knows she shouldn't, but she does anyway. "But have you figured out what you're going to do today?"

Today is the day that Julie has to preform in music class, otherwise she'll be kicked out.

Julie sighs before replying, "I'll know in the moment,"

Elizabeth cringes at this. She wants nothing more than for her baby sister to play again, but she knows in her heart that one day, music will come back to her.

Flynn lightly scolds Julie for not being prepared, but understands that it's hard. Elizabeth is grateful that Julie has Flynn in her life, but she wishes she could still be there too.

As the two girls are bickering, Carrie, Julies ex best friend, decided to offer the girls a flyer because the group "Dirty Candy" was preforming at a spirit rally.

Elizabeth's POV

After the whole Carrie deal, I walk with the girls to their music classroom. The girls find their seats as the students begin to go to the front, preforming one by one. After everyone is done, Julie is next.

Everyone always knew that Julie was a rock star and no one, not even me, was expecting her to up and quit music. It truly was a tragedy.

The teacher calls her name and Julie takes her hat off, slowly making her way and sitting at the piano. Her fingers linger over the keys for a moment and I feel myself biting my lip. Just as she's about to push her fingers down onto the keys, she rips her fingers up with a distraught look on her face.

Flynn stand up and Julie mumbles an "I'm sorry," before running out of class with Flynn hot on her tail after shutting Carrie down for making a remark.

Sometimes I really wanted to hit Carrie.

There was no way I could handle seeing Julie in this state so I poof into our moms garage to take a nap. No one had been in here since mom died and it was pretty much the only place I could get some silence.

"When did things get so complicated, Mama?" I speak into the air.

Sometimes I wonder, why I showed back up down here and our mom didn't. I hated to admit it, but being a ghost was lonely. I haven't hadn't had a conversation with anyone since I died. Granted the last words I had with everyone, weren't the kindest, and the last conversation consisted of me begging and screaming for my life.

Somehow I managed to drift asleep at some point in time and was awoken to the sound of people screaming. Not just anyone screaming, but my sister and 3 unknown male screams.

I open my eyes just in time to Julie making a beeline for the doors and 3 teenage boys jumping around while holding each other.