22.THE WILD CARD {Jacob}

Start from the beginning

Where would he have gone?! I felt a sudden unsettled tension growing in the pit of my stomach. How could he have--?? I thought as I turned back and found him standing inches away from me; both of his hand shoved into his pocket.

"Looking for me?" He said smirking.

My fist clenched and jaw rooted. "Where were you hiding?"

"If I would have been hiding, I don't think I would be standing here in front of you, right now..." He smiled and stepped forward.

"...fearlessly!" He mouthed.

I stepped forward; "Where does this arrogance comes from_?!" I said through my gritted teeth. "_how did you find her house?!" I asked half irritated.

"Uh! Easy_I have been following her." He cocked his head to one side.

Anger flushed inside me, boiling up in my system as heat of lava churning within; hungry for destruction. It's been boiling within since the moment I met him last day, shouting and trying to escape; enormously.

He chuckled. "Calm down." He grinned. "I'm just messing with you. We all are friends, right?"

The other light-footsteps jogged towards us."Everything all right?!" She asked; her eyes flickered to me and then to him.

"Yeah! er...perfectly fine. We were just introducing each other...nicely?" He looked at me, questioning. He smiled.

"Take care both of you." He blinked. "Goodbye!" He walked past us.

She raised an eyebrow at me. "Friendds?!"

I rolled my eyes. "Cm'on!" I exhaled, as we walked back to the house.

"Well..Then what did I miss_?" I asked, curiosity ebidding and flooding inside me.

She smiled, knowing exactly what I was asking for. "He just came by to return my bracelet and that's it!." She repeated those exact words she had already said once, with polite calmness and kindness.

Why is she soo adorable to ignore_?!

We dragged ourselves back to the house. As we stepped up the stairs; a pale shadow blocked our way with a goofy wolfish smile on it's face that derived the sense of something a lot stupid and mischevious being cooked.

"He left so soon. Did someone get so jealous?!" Bella raised a brow at me, with a devilish grin on her face.

I knew this was coming. Somebody or the other is always appointed to play this part. My nose wriggled and I frowned. "Huh!_not at all."

Both of them scuffled. My lips twitched in a twisted smile and I shook my head, following them to the dining poured out with pancakes along with maple syrup and crunchy tomato toast with coffee on its side.

 My lips twitched in a twisted smile and I shook my head, following them to the dining poured out with pancakes along with maple syrup and crunchy tomato toast with coffee on its side

"Woah! You are amazing Esme." She said, sliding into her chair waiting for me to join.

"Jacob?!"Esme came out. "When did you come by?!"

"Just...minutes ago."

"Great! C'mon join in." She offered.

I shook my head, "I..um, you know I've got to feed Billy and so thank you!." I said, as I slipped into the chair beside Nessie.

"Ok! Then you both continue-" Esme said, as she took off.

I stared at her unblinking; while she blinked twice and bit her lip.

"Um...May I know the reason of you staring at me?!" She blushed and chewed.

"It's pretty clear..I guess!" I said. "...that you look disarmingly beautiful." I complimented; my eyes shifted to the baby blue outfit that wrapped her in details.

"It's Alice!" She rolled her eyes. "I prefer you should compliment at her effort into this. She would dance around with happiness__"

"Maybe! I will save it for later." I said, concerned for my own safety. After a minute of silence that followed; I found her smiling with the most adorable and beautiful smile in this world. Oh Jeez_!

"_and this is for?" I asked. She looked at me and pursed her lips.

"Jake~" She broke off and shook her head deciding the words she should choose. "It feels amazing; to finally have a human friend and it's good to know that I can....I can connect to the world where nothing supernatural like vampires, werewolves or witches exist. Where the only thing that matters is family and friends. Everything is simple, normal and human." She smiled.

But wait!!! Does she need to get all this happiness through one way? A friend!

I felt the load of burning irritation in my throat.

Ofcourse she can make friends. Hundreds; even thousands of them but___Why him?

My eyebrows furrowed. But as usual; the sense of willingness to provide everything that she wants, every happiness she deserves gets the best of me. So even if it's a normal-Glacier-eyed-human boy that let her feel very human, I will tackle this for her. But still I don't like him_Why him?

She flicked to me. "What?"

"Jacob!" A strong voice interrupted. Her eyes drifted it's way behind me.

"Jared~?"

I turned back to look at him, as he stood on the foot of the topmost stair, with his eyebrows drawn together caused by the sense of discomfort.

"Hm_? Everything alright?" I asked. His expression remained impassive and bleaked.

"Yeah! All good. It's just...Sam wants to meet you at Billy's place; right now."

What did this innocent-old-man do now? Is something present in this vicinity that can stop him? I rolled my eyes.

"Why? What happened? Is Billy okay?" She stood up.

"He's great!" Jared nodded,promptly. "Actually there is a meeting held that we all need to attend."

I blinked twice, in confusion. Meeting? "Am on my way!" I informed. He passed both of us a smile and we heard the footsteps step out of the house.

I blinked excessively. Maybe it's the eyes; haunted by some inner anxiety which trying to creep into as I try to make sense of it. But keeping it all inside; I smiled which apparently seemed like a force expression, to make an eye contact.

She shut her eyes and frowned. "Oh! I'm..am so sorry. It just slipped off my mind." She shook her head. "How can I forget to ask about last night and just talk about things that are of no bigger concern."

"Don't!" I cut her off. "Renesmee; you know it. Your happiness is something that's above everything for me." I moved my head up and down "_so don't ever say that and about what happened last night; I'll tell you after I return."

"Okay?" I asked.

She smiled. "Okay." She nodded.

" I'll be back soon." I smiled at her and turned to leave.