December 22nd

Clara Marie:

"You believe me?" I ask Laleh.
"Yes. I don't think you're lying," she responds. I turn to Emilio.
"I believe you too. I can't believe we're gonna save Truffles!"
"How exactly do we stop the company, though?"
"Well...I'm pretty sure we would let someone on the city council or something know. The owners appealed to them to stop the destruction before we knew about this, but they denied it. I'm pretty sure there is some historical building law that will change that when we show them this painting. Let me call and ask." Emilio speaks with someone on the phone. By the end of the call, he is beaming.
"We're saved," he says, ending the call.
I smile. That's one problem solved. But now I have a bigger problem.
"I need to get back," I say. Emilio's face drops, and Laleh looks away. I don't want to leave, but I can't forget my father. He is my family.
"Please? Laleh, where did you find me unconscious? I think going back there will help."
"Yeah. I also think you should tell Noelle's mom." Emilio says. I bite my lip. I don't know if that would go too well.
"I'll try. Can you be there to show proof on giggle for me?"
"Google. Not. Giggle."
"That what I said. I don't want to leave, I- I- love it here, but my dad..." I trail off. "My grandpa and home are all there. I can't stay."
"Ok. Let's go talk to your mom." Emilio smiles.
"Hello. Noelle here. Except, I am not Noelle, my name is Clara and I am from 200 years ago and have been impersonating your daughter. Sorry about that." I am trying to find the right words to say in the car. Emilio winces.
"I don't think that will work. Shouldn't you be more eloquent and all considering you are from the Victorian era?" I shoot a glare at him.
"Are we still on for the Christmas dance?" he asks. "One last hurrah before you leave?"
"Um, I think so. If you still want to go. You know, considering the fact that I am not Noelle."
"Eh, I'd prefer to go with you." He smiles at me.
We pull up to the house and I walk inside.
"Mom?" I call.
"Yeah?" she says, coming down the stairs.
"I am not Noelle. My name is Clara Marie, and I am from another time." Maybe that was a bit too direct...
"Clara? It's you?" she asks, smiling. "I knew there was a way to fix this. Is your father here too? What about Noelle?"
I stare at her in shock.
"What do you mean?"